User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
Spirit1dog OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Hit and Run leaves two dead

Sometimes we can do everything right and they are still out to get us. Hit and run yesterday evening outside Janesville WI left 2 young men dead. SUV crossed center line and hit 2 lead motorcycles in a group of 5 killing both riders. Driver then fled the scene. The article below is from the Rock County Sheriff office. If anybody in south central WI sees a SUV fitting the description please contact Rock County Sheriff.

UPDATED Monday, April 21, 2014 --- 5:48 a.m.
Deputies from the Rock County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a report of a crash involving a vehicle versus a group of motorcycles on Highway 14 in Harmony Township.
On arrival, deputies found two motorcyclists, Mitchell J. Vance, age 24, of Janesville, and Devin J. Julius, age 18, also of Janesville lying in the roadway. Both of their motorcycles were found severely damaged, in the westbound lane of traffic, and it was reported the suspect vehicle, possibly a mid sized Nissan SUV, had fled the scene of the crash.
The investigation shows a group of five motorcycles were riding staggered, traveling westbound on Highway 14 behind a maroon, 2000 Toyota Sienna. When the driver of the Toyota took evasive action to avoid a mid sized Nissan SUV that crossed over the centerline traveling eastbound.
The Nissan then struck the lead motorcycle driven by Vance, and then struck the following motorcycle driven by Julius and ejected both men.
The other three motorcyclists were able to take evasive action to avoid the collision altogether. The Nissan then fled the scene of the crash in an unknown direction of travel.
Julius was transported to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center in Janesville where he was pronounced dead. Vance was pronounced dead on scene by a Rock County Deputy Coroner.
The Sheriff's Office is seeking information on anyone who might have witnessed a mid sized, Nissan SUV in the area at the time of the crash. The vehicle would likely have front and driver's side damage, including a missing headlight assembly and a missing wheel well cover. Anyone who sees a vehicle matching this description is strongly urged to call the Rock County Communications Center.

Spirit1dog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #2
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit1dog View Post
Sometimes we can do everything right and they are still out to get us. Hit and run yesterday evening outside Janesville WI left 2 young men dead. SUV crossed center line and hit 2 lead motorcycles in a group of 5 killing both riders. Driver then fled the scene. The article below is from the Rock County Sheriff office. If anybody in south central WI sees a SUV fitting the description please contact Rock County Sheriff.

UPDATED Monday, April 21, 2014 --- 5:48 a.m.
Deputies from the Rock County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a report of a crash involving a vehicle versus a group of motorcycles on Highway 14 in Harmony Township.
On arrival, deputies found two motorcyclists, Mitchell J. Vance, age 24, of Janesville, and Devin J. Julius, age 18, also of Janesville lying in the roadway. Both of their motorcycles were found severely damaged, in the westbound lane of traffic, and it was reported the suspect vehicle, possibly a mid sized Nissan SUV, had fled the scene of the crash.
The investigation shows a group of five motorcycles were riding staggered, traveling westbound on Highway 14 behind a maroon, 2000 Toyota Sienna. When the driver of the Toyota took evasive action to avoid a mid sized Nissan SUV that crossed over the centerline traveling eastbound.
The Nissan then struck the lead motorcycle driven by Vance, and then struck the following motorcycle driven by Julius and ejected both men.
The other three motorcyclists were able to take evasive action to avoid the collision altogether. The Nissan then fled the scene of the crash in an unknown direction of travel.
Julius was transported to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center in Janesville where he was pronounced dead. Vance was pronounced dead on scene by a Rock County Deputy Coroner.
The Sheriff's Office is seeking information on anyone who might have witnessed a mid sized, Nissan SUV in the area at the time of the crash. The vehicle would likely have front and driver's side damage, including a missing headlight assembly and a missing wheel well cover. Anyone who sees a vehicle matching this description is strongly urged to call the Rock County Communications Center.

Parts car
Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #3
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
What in the heck did the other three riders, who were not involved in the accident, do when the SUV drove off? Surely one of the, could have taken off after it and at least gotten a license plate number...
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
Gelandevans
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
I concur, two stay and help and the third chase down and get a plate number.
Gelandevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homey View Post
What in the heck did the other three riders, who were not involved in the accident, do when the SUV drove off? Surely one of the, could have taken off after it and at least gotten a license plate number...
It says the direction of travel that the SUV fled was unknown

Vertical C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,747
Probably shit their pants and checked on their buddies.

I hate to say it, but if they were that close to the cage in front of them that they couldn't see the asshole enter their lane, I have to wonder if they were a bit too close. Not trying to say "it was their fault" and obviously I wasn't there, I just like to use these reminders as an opportunity to see what I can learn from them. Sad for them and especially their families, I will never understand why so many people think it's OK to cross the double yellow.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,185
these people never get away with it. Too many people with phones - too many people at the scene....but yea I agree, how could nobody have even seen the direction in which the driver left?!

The person responsible will have to face the music sooner or later - they always do - and there is a special place in hell for such people....
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #8
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,769
If I was riding with friends, I would stay with the friends. No matter how many of us there were.

Also, there is a very significant risk chasing someone like this. Not just to you but to others also.

I hope they catch the person.

Rod
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
Homey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 596
The objective is not to run the guy down and confront him/her. The object is to get the vehicle license number.

I had a similar situation happen to me where the guy took off. Luckily I didn't die but one of my friends did hop on his bike, caught the guy and got his license plate number. That saved me a whole lot of grief and it made catching the joker way easier. In fact, the CHP knew who it was before he left the scene.

In my case, the guy happened to be on vacation from another state in a rented vehicle and didn't want to be bothered with the "situation."
Homey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
If I had two other friends with me that already stopped to render aid and call 911, I would be tempted to run the driver down to get a plate # and better description.

I am sick of these assholes that don't take responsibility for their actions. Seems to happen everyday now and a lot of them don't get caught and even if and when they do get caught, there seems to be no additional punishment.

And it's not just Moto's, they run over kids on bicycles, pedestrians, etc.., you name it and they just keep on going!

Hopefully this guy gets caught and thrown in a cell with a biker gang!
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #11
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
Probably shit their pants and checked on their buddies.

I hate to say it, but if they were that close to the cage in front of them that they couldn't see the asshole enter their lane, I have to wonder if they were a bit too close. Not trying to say "it was their fault" and obviously I wasn't there, I just like to use these reminders as an opportunity to see what I can learn from them. Sad for them and especially their families, I will never understand why so many people think it's OK to cross the double yellow.
That's what I was thinking. Two were obviously too close to leave enough reaction time if a car and 3 other bikes dodged it. Dodged or not, it's a terrible situation either way. I hope they catch the driver and may those two rest in peace.

If my friends were hit I'd want a description or plate number for sure unless I was the only one left or was absolutely needed to help them id get a plate number and hurry back.
Danjal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #12
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
If I had two other friends with me that already stopped to render aid and call 911, I would be tempted to run the driver down to get a plate # and better description.

I am sick of these assholes that don't take responsibility for their actions. Seems to happen everyday now and a lot of them don't get caught and even if and when they do get caught, there seems to be no additional punishment.

And it's not just Moto's, they run over kids on bicycles, pedestrians, etc.., you name it and they just keep on going!

Hopefully this guy gets caught and thrown in a cell with a biker gang!
People in general seem to be more self centered and "entitled"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-21-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,338
Things like this make me wish for Old Testament justice. I hope they catch the bastard and get the maximum sentence they can.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Things like this make me wish for Old Testament justice.
what do you suggest?

Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #15
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,224
Police have determined by the crash debris that the vehicle was an early 2000's Nissan QX4 and have alerted all the area dealerships and auto repair shops. I hope this low life gets caught.

I guess it happened at 8 PM Sunday night. The sun would be right in the riders' eyes. Could be a big reason they didn't see the Nissan soon enough.