Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 06:45 PM   #16
Danjal
Insert wit here.

Oddometer: 2,594
I don't think the bible covers traffic violations.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityisnotmyfriend View Post
Police have determined by the crash debris that the vehicle was an early 2000's Nissan QX4 and have alerted all the area dealerships and auto repair shops. I hope this low life gets caught.

I guess it happened at 8 PM Sunday night. The sun would be right in the riders' eyes. Could be a big reason they didn't see the Nissan soon enough.
could explain it. suck city all around though. Why can't people stay in their fucking lane?

I don't care if you're in an SUV, on an FJR, or behind a slow moving truck. Stay in your fucking lane.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
Spirit1dog OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
Here is the Rock County Sheriff update.

Rock County Sheriff's Office
Monday April 21st, 2014 :: 03:00 p.m. CDT

Community Two Motorcyclists Killed

Update

Two Motorcyclists Killed in Hit and Run Crash on E. USH 14

For Immediate Release
Contact Person Captain Todd Christiansen 608-757-7925

Date: 04/21/14
Case #SO1421361

During the investigation of the SUV vs. Motorcycles accident scene on 04/20/14, pieces of the suspect vehicle were located and collected as evidence by Rock County Sheriff’s Office Deputies. One of the items that was collected appeared to be a headlight assembly from a Nissan vehicle.

On 04/21/14 Detectives began researching the headlight assembly. They contacted the local Nissan Dealership and a local auto repair shop. Detectives worked together with personnel from both businesses and determined that the light assembly was actually a bumper mounted fog light from a 2001 to 2003 Infinity QX4. It is from the driver’s side of the suspect vehicle. Witnesses to the accident said the suspect vehicle was dark in color, possibly dark blue or black.

The Rock County Sheriff’s Office continues to investigate this accident. Anyone having information about this accident or about the suspect vehicle can contact the Rock County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at 608-757-7923, Janesville Area Crime Stoppers at 608-756-3636, the Greater Beloit Area Crime Stoppers at 608-362-7463,
Spirit1dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
RoadRdr
Mostly Pavement

Oddometer: 181
Tragic situation. The other three riders were most likely preoccupied with getting out of the way of an SUV that just took out the lead friends. I can understand not thinking to chase the driver. I'm sure the first thought would be to tend to their friends.

I too hope they catch the driver.
Condolences to the families and friends.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #20
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
Sounds like they are getting it narrowed down, hopefully they will start pulling dmv records on dark colored 01-03 Infinity QX4's and getting out and talking to some of these folks, assuming he is local. I know there can't be too many QX4's in the land of Suburbans and Tahoe's
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:38 PM   #21
BCKRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
It is always tough to know what exactly happened, but it DOES sound like the group of staggered riders were following too close to the vehicle in front of them. If the lead rider was in the left wheel track 2-3 seconds behind the vehicle which veered to the right and avoided a crash, it would seem he would see the same thing and head to the right as would the second rider. It would seem the following three riders did just that.

But it is all conjecture. Perhaps the vehicle they were following had the sun shade down and the riders didn't have sunglasses or a sun shade in their helmets, were following at a safe distance, and were literally blinded by the sun.

Unless the "hit and run" driver simply parks the car in a barn for several years or runs it over a cliff after removing the plates and all documents, the cops should get him. And maybe even then. Let's hope.

As for one of the three remaining riders chasing down the offender after just watching two of your friends die to get a license number - well that most certainly would not be me. Not sure if I could even get back on my bike. Clearly, some of you are made of much sterner stuff - or believe you are.
BCKRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:06 PM   #22
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Sounds like they are getting it narrowed down, hopefully they will start pulling dmv records on dark colored 01-03 Infinity QX4's and getting out and talking to some of these folks, assuming he is local. I know there can't be too many QX4's in the land of Suburbans and Tahoe's
I hope that's the case. Since they are close to the state line they'll have to check IL registrations also I'd guess.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #23
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,811
impossible to say, if bikers were following too close. Judging by the outcome, that seems to be possible, though. This is a good reminder, why when you ride in a group, you should still keep good distance between riders, and also to other road users.
Countries ridden • FIN • SWE • NOR • DK • EE • LV • LT • POL • SK • HU • RO • BG • GR • IT • AT • DE • CZ • CH • SMR • LIE • NL • BE • FR • AND • ES • GBR • LUX • SI • HR • BIH • SRB • MK • TR • IR • PAK • IND • TH • KH • LA • MY • ID • AUS • CR • USA • ZA • LS • SWZ • MZ • NA • BW • ZM • ZW
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM   #24
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Now they are saying it was a QX56. Even less common than a QX4, could make it easier to find.
1988 DT50
Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #25
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Now they are saying it was a QX56. Even less common than a QX4, could make it easier to find.
Yeah, that's the big one. Can't be too many of them running around.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #26
nofate
what blackflies?

Oddometer: 2,829
The SUV driver was probably texting or otherwise distracted and wandered over the centerline. Whatever, he should of stopped.

Flying with Rick float plane video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6my0FM9F_Q
nofate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,479
I got rearended when I was 17. The lady got out of her car, walked up, and asked if I was ok. When I told her I needed an ambulance she got back in her car and drove off. I got her tag as she left me to die.

She got 3 weeks in jail and a suspended license for a year.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:15 PM   #28
raj914
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,806
Poor young guys... RIP
Old 04-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #29
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
I got rearended when I was 17. The lady got out of her car, walked up, and asked if I was ok. When I told her I needed an ambulance she got back in her car and drove off. I got her tag as she left me to die.

She got 3 weeks in jail and a suspended license for a year.
Nice, what a piece of shit.

sent from a device designed specifically to annoy scottrnelson YES I do know how to change it, just never bothered as I was too busy riding my motorcycle.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #30
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Tip led to arrest in double fatal hit-and-run motorcycle crash

Driver, vehicle in custody

Published On: Apr 25 2014 11:24:34 AM CDT Updated On: Apr 25 2014 01:05:25 PM CDT

Sambath Pal

JANESVILLE, Wis. - The Rock County sheriff says a tip led to an arrest in a hit-and-run crash that killed two motorcyclists.
An Illinois man, Sambath Pal, 24, of Park City, was taken into custody in Park City, according to Rock County Sheriff Bob Spoden. Pal is awaiting extradition to Wisconsin.
Mitchell Vance, 24, and Devin Julius, 18, died after an SUV crossed the centerline and hit the lead motorcycle and the one behind it on Highway 14 in the town of Harmony Sunday night. Detectives asked the public for tips on a suspect vehicle.
Spoden said during a Friday news conference that a tip was received by dispatchers at 9:06 a.m. Thursday from someone who wanted to remain anonymous. The man said he saw a black 2004 Nissan Infiniti QX56 in Park City that matched the description of the SUV sought by detectives with damage matching what detectives were expecting to find on the SUV.
Park City police were watching the residence where the suspect vehicle was spotted. Pal had been identified as a suspect and police detained him as he left the residence, according to Spoden.
The SUV was taken to a crime lab in Milwaukee, according to Spoden.
Pal has connections with Janesville and Rock County, according to Spoden. He said they believe he was alone in the SUV when the crash occurred.
Pal was arrested on suspicion of two counts of hit-and-run causing death.
Spoden thanked local businesses that helped with the investigation, including a car dealership and an auto parts company that helped identify the suspect vehicle based on the parts left at the scene of the crash. A billboard company also displayed the suspect vehicle as detectives were searching for it.
1988 DT50