ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #61
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Oddometer: 489
Opening for All Days

We have opening for all three day, come get them.

https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvr...e-ride-sign-up

https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvriders/2013-flyer

2012 KTM 990R ADV (20.0K Miles and growing)
2005.5 KTM 950A ADV (106K Miles to its death by way of truck)
2005 KTM 450 EX-G (Plate)
MY ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #62
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Thumb Let's ride!!!!

HERE WE GO! What we have been working so hard on and waiting for all year is finally here. Let's all have a save and fun 3 days of riding.

FRIDAY (Clackamas Loop)
4:00p to 5:00p Ice-cream social. Riders Meeting at 5:00p and Kickstands up at 5:30p. Returning at dusk.

SATURDAY (Coast Range Loop)
7:00a to 8:00a Breakfast is served. Riders Meeting at 8:00a and Kickstands up at 8:30a. Returning mid evening.

SUNDAY (Mt Hood Wilderness Loop)
7:00a to 8:00a Breakfast is served. Riders Meeting at 8:00a and Kickstands up at 8:30a. Returning mid evening

We still have a few opening for all three days. Visit this link to sign up.

https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvr...e-ride-sign-up

MY ADV (Dan N.)

Old 07-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #63
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
Dan P here.
Argh, problems delaying departure.
Will be too late for Fri ride/social but now on my way now to motel. Maybe see you at end of Fri ride at shop.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #64
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodemotoman View Post
Dan P here.
Argh, problems delaying departure.
Will be too late for Fri ride/social but now on my way now to motel. Maybe see you at end of Fri ride at shop.
Dan we just got back. Sorry we missed you. Breakfast at 7:00a tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:35 AM   #65
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
What great ride!
Thanks Dan for organizing/leading, the shop for the support and especially Dan's wife Linda for the fine breakfasts both Sat and Sun!
Good times and good riding pals.
I left the group a bit early Sun afternoon continuing north on OR 35, over the Colombia on the Bridge of the Gods, onto Carson WA and up Wind River road, Curley Creek, FR's 90/25 to Randle on toward home in Grahamcrackerville south of Pooyallup. having a great time on those roads.
A very fine weekend.
Dan P
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #66
Baguabiker
n00b

Oddometer: 2
We saw you

Hi, my name is Lincoln. My friend and I went to get gas at the Chevron East of Government Camp. All of you guys were there when we pulled in. He rides a 2014 WR250R and I have a week old KLX250s. We had just ridden from Badger Lake where we camped the night before.
I'm new to ADVrider and riding dirt in general but I am now going to be VERY active in riding from now on, I'm hooked!
Hopefully there will be other group rides in the future that I can participate in. I didn't get a chance to say hi yesterday, so I am doing it now.
Baguabiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #67
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,321
Great riding with all you guys! Thanks to Dan for putting this together!

All my gear is on the deck drying out in the sun today. Was worth it for the lightning show up on Bennet Pass, that was awesome!

Hope to see video/links of hero shots soon!
HellsAlien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #68
outfront
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
2014 NW Oregon ADV Ride

My son Nick and I had a great time too. A little wet but who cares?
Always fun to meet new people.
We followed Dan almost to his front door step. That last twisty section was a blast! The SM riders- forget your names would have liked it.
Thanks Dan, Linda, and Gresham KTM.

Mike

2012 KTM 990R
06 KTM 525 EXC
74 Yamaha RD 250
outfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #69
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Talking 2014 NW Oregon ADV - THANK YOU!

Another epic weekend ride that gave us spectacular road conditions, post card views, and weather from the hot 90 deg's to thunder and lightning hail storms. Thank you to everyone who came to ride with us this weekend. We had a safe and successful ride for all three days. Those who have ridden these rides can understand that the quick pace and long distances can lead to trouble and lost riders. But, everyone played by the rules and helped out when repairs were needed which got all of us back home safely. Thank you again and I hope to see you again in 2015.

Look here for the weekend photos. If you have photos to add try posting them here at the web site, or email me a link. https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvriders/photo-gallery

MY ADV.

myadv05@gmail.com

MY ADV screwed with this post 07-14-2014 at 01:32 PM
Old 07-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #70
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by outfront View Post
My son Nick and I had a great time too. A little wet but who cares?
Always fun to meet new people.
We followed Dan almost to his front door step. That last twisty section was a blast! The SM riders- forget your names would have liked it.
Thanks Dan, Linda, and Gresham KTM.

Mike
Thank you Mike for sweeping for me on Sunday. It was great to ride with you and your son. Hope to see the two of you next year.

Dan (MY ADV)

Old 07-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #71
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
Great riding with all you guys! Thanks to Dan for putting this together!

All my gear is on the deck drying out in the sun today. Was worth it for the lightning show up on Bennet Pass, that was awesome!

Hope to see video/links of hero shots soon!
Puting you on point at top of Red Hill Rd in the middle of a thunderous hailstorm was awesome for me. Thank's for all your help in making this a success.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #72
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguabiker View Post
Hi, my name is Lincoln. My friend and I went to get gas at the Chevron East of Government Camp. All of you guys were there when we pulled in. He rides a 2014 WR250R and I have a week old KLX250s. We had just ridden from Badger Lake where we camped the night before.
I'm new to ADVrider and riding dirt in general but I am now going to be VERY active in riding from now on, I'm hooked!
Hopefully there will be other group rides in the future that I can participate in. I didn't get a chance to say hi yesterday, so I am doing it now.
Baquabiker. We saw you as well. This is a free 3 day yearly event with a limit of 15 riders per day. Look for next years post some time in April 2015 and get you name on the list. MY ADV

https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvriders/home

Old 07-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #73
MY ADV OP
"ZERO.. POINT.. ZERO"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danodemotoman View Post
What great ride!
Thanks Dan for organizing/leading, the shop for the support and especially Dan's wife Linda for the fine breakfasts both Sat and Sun!
Good times and good riding pals.
I left the group a bit early Sun afternoon continuing north on OR 35, over the Colombia on the Bridge of the Gods, onto Carson WA and up Wind River road, Curley Creek, FR's 90/25 to Randle on toward home in Grahamcrackerville south of Pooyallup. having a great time on those roads.
A very fine weekend.
Dan P
Dan, thank you for joining us and I'm glad you made it home safely. Thank you for your participations and join us for next year. MY ADV

Here are some photos. https://sites.google.com/site/nwadvriders/photo-gallery

Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #74
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
What an epic ride!?! Thanks to Dan and KTM of Gresham for an amazing weekend! Also big thanks to Dandemotoman for saving my bacon at least twice with parts and tools!! The first time on the freeway in traffic when I sheared all the sprocket bolts off my rear hub and thought I was walking for sure, instead we were riding away in 10 minutes!?!

OK, here are a few pics. First at the KTM shop Sat morn where it is already about 80 degrees at 8am. But we are enjoying a delicious breakfast made by Dan's lovely wife! What a way to start the day!

Here we are about to start the first dirt section after an epic twisty paved road that Dan, Al, and I were having way too much fun on.

Here is a little break on the way to the coast, just before meeting up with the 4 man work crew in a 4 door pick up pulling a giant work trailer with a gutter bending machine and plenty of material?!? Yes, Dan said to them, this is the main road!

The weather cooled wonderfully as we descended to the beach. Here we are for a quick photo op in Garibaldi (SP?) after a gourmet meal at the Chevron.

Another little pit stop on the way back up the hill towards Portland. It got much warmer as we went East.

Then we got a little off track here were it started to turn into single track in most directions. But Dan and Doug worked their GPS magic and figured out where we were and we were roosting East again! Back to some delicious beers and Mexican food to prepare us for another day!

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #75
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Day two began with another fabulous breakfast at the KTM shop and an even bigger crew. The weather had somehow changed from the feared 98 degree temp predicted to a little overcast and possible thunder storms. The cooler part sounded good to me! Here is the whole crew at an early pit stop.

Both days included bikes from 250cc to a 1000 or more. Here was the little "wash out" Dan told us about. I felt sorry for the big bikes because the special detour for the big bikes didn't seem much easier to me, but all made it through mostly intact.

Did I mention we were riding around Mt Hood on Sun?! Well we got a lttle wet at times, but it did keep the dust down and we also still got some amazing vistas of the big mountain!

A couple of us rode up to a higher look out and I kept going till I was on this point. Hopefully Brad got a pic from below?!

The weather moved in and judging by the thunder clap that nearly knocked me off my bike with ear plugs, helmet and high rpm thumper buzzing under me at the same time, it must have been close. I tried to get a shot of some of the lightning, but my timing is bad.

I would like to thank Dan for all his efforts and Gresham KTM for helping put on an awesome adventure ride weekend!! Mark, Doug, and myself all enjoyed ourselves greatly and it was a really great group of riders. We will definitely be back next year!!!

SVN/XRR/XC-W
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote