Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #61
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
I think that's the powerbronze...run one on my roadie and love it.

Exactly but I got the clear.

I didn't take anymore pics because it was 90deg F & 90% humidity. I took that single track pic because I stopped to pee.
The only reason I rode it is because the trail was closed & I wouldn't hold anybody up. I ride my 450exc there a lot.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:47 PM   #62
doniton2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I love this thread. great videos guys. here's a couple of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vshxCfPQwkM
skip the commentary from 4:03-6:17 I forgot to delete it before saving it. there is a steep tight down hill at 7:34.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpWMKzupk0
we need to start a thread on what we've done to make them more trail friendly. I had the aluminum Triumph skid plate that doesn't protect the oil filter. In fact it will hit it.

notice how shinny the oil made my front tire. it was a 45 minute ride one way to find an Auto Zone that carried an oil filter that matched. the skid plate also didn't protect against rocks coming up and hitting it.

our solution to try to prevent it from happening again.

My solution before our next ride was to make one out of 3/16" steel that is a little taller and wider at the top to protect it.

doniton2 screwed with this post 06-10-2014 at 06:55 PM
doniton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 PM   #63
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,427
How did I miss this thread?

I probably shouldn't follow small bikes... (somewhere in Arkansas)

But I never learn (MillCreek ATV trails)

Imogene pass with 2 Tigers (800 and a 955) and some "other" brand of bike...

backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 04:38 AM   #64
boinoodle OP
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by doniton2 View Post
I love this thread. great videos guys. here's a couple of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vshxCfPQwkM
skip the commentary from 4:03-6:17 I forgot to delete it before saving it. there is a steep tight down hill at 7:34.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShpWMKzupk0
we need to start a thread on what we've done to make them more trail friendly. I had the aluminum Triumph skid plate that doesn't protect the oil filter. In fact it will hit it.
Right on brother, awesome to see others riding what we're now affectionately calling a "Highway Dirt Bike" in it's natural environment

And tanks to everyone for keeping this thread alive!

There are other threads out there that address making it more capable off road, but you're welcome to go off on tangents here, just post some fun, off kilter related pics and vids once and a while.

Tiger Tales - Dialling in the 800XC for the dirt

Tiger XC accessories / farkles thread

Baja Tiger 800 XC build

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:42 AM   #65
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,010
Great stuff guys!

- I think that qualifies as singletrack

- So... that's what Missouri is like... it is Missouri right... never had any reason to inquire until your video. That looks like good fun!
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 AM   #66
boinoodle OP
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by btao View Post
Great stuff guys!

- I think that qualifies as singletrack

- So... that's what Missouri is like... it is Missouri right... never had any reason to inquire until your video. That looks like good fun!
Hopefully we'll have something entertaining to post after this weekends ride. I better re-set my rear facing camera so it's a little more mud free

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
Old 06-11-2014, 06:07 AM   #67
btao
RIP Lilolita

Oddometer: 1,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Hopefully we'll have something entertaining to post after this weekends ride. I better re-set my rear facing camera so it's a little more mud free
Yeah, there's a chance it is going to be a little squishy.... around... 95% chance.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #68
littlelionmonster
Rerutnevda ylranG

Oddometer: 812
My brilliant idea from the weekend. Ride a trail I've never been on before, by myself, without really telling anyone where I was going.

It was going pretty well until I should have went right. Ended up back it back down the trail a couple hundred feet, then taking the easy way around.

I'm still amazed how much stuff the Tiger will go thru / over even with my dumb ass on it.

Corporate Downsized - Screw it, I'm doing the TranLab

Wife and kids left, I'm going to WV
littlelionmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:57 AM   #69
boinoodle OP
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelionmonster View Post
My brilliant idea from the weekend. Ride a trail I've never been on before, by myself, without really telling anyone where I was going.

It was going pretty well until I should have went right. Ended up back it back down the trail a couple hundred feet, then taking the easy way around.

I'm still amazed how much stuff the Tiger will go thru / over even with my dumb ass on it.

Get a 15 tooth counter shaft sprocket so you can do even dumber stuff and at least you have a spare tire just in case

Lord John Whorfin
Old 06-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #70
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,606
Quote:

No dumbass there. Going at a sensible pace for being alone. I love it when, at 7m50s we see that all you're doing is going to the shops to buy a new tyre.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #71
professorkx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Single track racing the Tiger 800XC

Lots of good video being shot and posted here. Awesome what these bikes can do. 15 tooth and stiffer suspension makes a huge difference. Here's a little video of racing through the trees.

I also built a mount for my Scotts Stabilizer to control deflection off rocks, roots, ruts, etc since no one has one available and it looks to be middle of summer before one is available. A few hours in the shop did the trick...

Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #72
boinoodle OP
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
No dumbass there. Going at a sensible pace for being alone. I love it when, at 7m50s we see that all you're doing is going to the shops to buy a new tyre.
Metaphorical dumbass, don't go all Masshole on my, we got enough of that around here already

Lord John Whorfin
Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #73
professorkx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

These accidental excursions are the reason I always carry enough basic survival gear to spend the night...just in case I get myself into too much trouble...

Great video!!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #74
boinoodle OP
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorkx View Post
These accidental excursions are the reason I always carry enough basic survival gear to spend the night...just in case I get myself into too much trouble...

Great video!!
Also why I usually don't venture off close to dark, been stuck to many times

Lord John Whorfin
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #75
professorkx
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Also why I usually don't venture off close to dark, been stuck to many times
+1

...or take unknown steep downhill trails that I might not be able to ride back up...