ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Visibility

Anyone know where I can get my wife a reflective vest or something to wear over her Joe Rocket suit in Seattle area? I've checked several dealers and Seattle Cycle Center. Everything seems to be black.
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Anyone know where I can get my wife a reflective vest or something to wear over her Joe Rocket suit in Seattle area? I've checked several dealers and Seattle Cycle Center. Everything seems to be black.
I'm guessing she might be riding in daylight hours, for a while anyway. It's not reflective, but for visibility hunter/blaze orange clothing is about as visible as you can get. Hunting season being just around the corner, this is a good time to pick up a jacket or vest. Heck, I own so much blaze orange clothing; coats, jackets, vests, pullovers, she can have one of mine to try.
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #3
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I'm guessing she might be riding in daylight hours, for a while anyway. It's not reflective, but for visibility hunter/blaze orange clothing is about as visible as you can get. Hunting season being just around the corner, this is a good time to pick up a jacket or vest. Heck, I own so much blaze orange clothing; coats, jackets, vests, pullovers, she can have one of mine to try.

Hmmm, Thats a good idea. I got a hookup with Outdoor Media Network (huntershandbook TV / huntershandbook.com) Ill try.

Thanks!
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
mikeyb
Just some guy
 
mikeyb's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Oddometer: 505
I see a lot of people riding with the highway workers type vests that are available at hardware stores.
Try bicycle shops too, I use an Illuminite reflective bicycling vest.
mikeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,141
Thats funny, when I was at Seattle cycle center picking up the hand guards and chest protector that I ordered last week I thought I saw a reflective vest hanging right there by the cash register. I remember looking at that thing thinking that sure looked small but your wife I think would fit in that, theres just no way I could get my fat ass in that thing.
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM   #6
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Thats funny, when I was at Seattle cycle center picking up the hand guards and chest protector that I ordered last week I thought I saw a reflective vest hanging right there by the cash register. I remember looking at that thing thinking that sure looked small but your wife I think would fit in that, theres just no way I could get my fat ass in that thing.

Yeah, I checked that one out... it was kinda weird. That's the only one Ive seen around and I'd prefer more of a jacket or something (or she would).
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #7
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
What chest plate and guards didja get?
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #8
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
Yeah, I checked that one out... it was kinda weird. That's the only one Ive seen around and I'd prefer more of a jacket or something (or she would).
You don't get 360 coverage with a vest, which is why I like coats and jackets for hunting season. Same goes for riding gear, cover up everything.
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:55 PM   #9
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
...theres just no way I could get my fat ass in that thing.
For starters Dale, a vest does not go on your ass. I have no oppinion on whether or not your ass is fat. I never looked.
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
For starters Dale, a vest does not go on your ass. I have no oppinion on whether or not your ass is fat. I never looked.

__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:05 PM   #11
Road Rash
Infamous
 
Road Rash's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: The Original OC, in Oregon
Oddometer: 18,506
Try a safety supply store (for construction and utility work) there are many of them in the PDX area, so I'm sure there more in the Seattle area, they would have a better selection and be cheaper then a bike shop too.
__________________
"A man can never have too many motorcycles, like any good craftsman you need the proper tool for the job at hand. A man needs more tools than a hammer, the same goes for bikes." ~Mr. Cob~

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #12
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentry
What chest plate and guards didja get?
Guards are the rally pro guard and the chest protector is Acerbis zoom plus in black. They had to order both. The chest protector is for us full figure guys
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #13
GSguy
Here's a quarter.
 
GSguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: In the Kings County
Oddometer: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
For starters Dale, a vest does not go on your ass. I have no oppinion on whether or not your ass is fat. I never looked.
fyyff
__________________
Team Drips, bring the rain.
GSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:26 PM   #14
das Rider
Professional Hobbyist
 
das Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Redmond, WA
Oddometer: 719
I told my wife about the hunter orange idea and she choked. She said something bright yellow would look much nicer on a woman. She suggested the Pearl Izumi Whisper Jacket from LL Bean in Screaming Yellow.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Search&feat=sr

I stand corrected.
__________________
Riding a motorcycle is 90% mental, the other half is physical.

http://laceyphoto.smugmug.com/
das Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 10:30 PM   #15
gentry OP
For Reasons Unknown...
 
gentry's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by das Rider
I told my wife about the hunter orange idea and she choked. She said something bright yellow would look much nicer on a woman. She suggested the Pearl Izumi Whisper Jacket from LL Bean in Screaming Yellow.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...Search&feat=sr

I stand corrected.
Yeah....on second thought that might now have gone down to well


Ill send erin the link (im not home) and she can buy.

Cheers
__________________

gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014