User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #31
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Oddometer: 107
Excuse me dipshit.

I made a polite, thoughtful suggestion that you also consider another bike.

You then told me it was a poser bike.

I defended the CB and gave my reasons.

You then decided my panties are in a bunch.

Honda is generally regarded as one of if not the most reliable.

The aftermarket is geared up with parts before a bike hits the sales floor.

I won't waste time listing all the stuff on my X because in your infinite wisdom you've already crossed it off.

You sure do have a serious problem with reading comprehension.

Who's the potty mouth? You spelled it out.

Entrenched, ya that's me! I've only ridden a few dozen bikes in my life so I obviously know nothing in your opinion.

The funniest is that you think I give a rats ass about your opinion of me.

You're just another know nothing who's getting pissy when you're called on it.

If you'd like we can always discuss our differences down in Jo momma, they'll just love your attitude down there.

Almost forgot... You have nothing to base your opinion on except other peoples opinions because you have NO RIDING EXPERIENCE!

XXMe screwed with this post 06-02-2014 at 11:36 AM
XXMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #32
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Once again for someone with sooooo much experience..you find it necessary to point out my current lack of experience when all riders have the same origin, zero experience. After all the previous posters you are the first to attack me personally within your "advice". My spelling out of your acronym was to point out just because you didn't spell it out, does not dissipate the malicious nature behind it.

If that's how you respond to dissenting opinion, then as men we have nothing more to say to each other. Especially with the Jo Momma comment, classic for someone 13 or less but a 50+ man its laughable.

Please if you want to discuss this as men, not behind a keyboard. Feel free to stop in valdosta, ga on your way. Do not take that as a threat, but our testosterone filled squabble is taking away from the intent of this thread

Sent from my HTC first using Tapatalk

vstateblazer screwed with this post 06-02-2014 at 12:12 PM
vstateblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #33
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
[Eh. I deleted my smartass comments... it wasn't worth it.]

Honestly, I originally came in here to recommend the V-Strom 650 or Verseys. I still think they'll do what you want just fine. ADVrider is full of people with opinions (you included), experience of varying levels, and occasionally attitudes. You've got to learn to take the good with the bad, and not get personal, even if you think someone else is.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 PM   #34
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Thank you.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:35 PM   #35
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstateblazer View Post
Once again for someone with sooooo much experience..you find it necessary to point out my current lack of experience when all riders have the same origin, zero experience. After all the previous posters you are the first to attack me personally within your "advice".

My spelling out of your acronym was to point out just because you didn't spell it out, does not dissipate the malicious nature behind it.

If that's how you respond to dissenting opinion, then as men we have nothing more to say to each other. Especially with the Jo Momma comment, classic for someone 13 or less but a 50+ man its laughable.

Please if you want to discuss this as men, not behind a keyboard. Feel free to stop in valdosta, ga on your way. Do not take that as a threat, but our testosterone filled squabble is taking away from the intent of this thread

Once again for someone with sooooo much experience..you find it necessary to point out my current lack of experience when all riders have the same origin, zero experience. After all the previous posters you are the first to attack me personally within your "advice".

Excuse me, you were the 1st to take a poke at my "poser" bike.

My spelling out of your acronym was to point out just because you didn't spell it out, does not dissipate the malicious nature behind it.

Right... No one knew what STFU meant, thanks for clarifying.

Hey, you responded to a serious decent suggestion by insulting my bike. You, not I were the one who got snarky first. Laughable... Good have a chuckle, I'm old enough to say whatever I want and not give a crap if you like it. Welcome to life, where you don't always get what you want. Grow up and learn how to handle it when someone pokes back after you insult them.

I don't think I care enough to meet you. "testosterone filled"??? Maybe to you, to me it has just been irritating, more like a mosquito bite on my ass.

If you got all "testosterone filled" from this you should just go back to your

Old 06-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #36
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,681
22 posts vs 81 posts slugfest...

somebody with zero riding experience calling any bike a "poser" is funny stuff; any bike ridden outside of limitations imposed by others gets much respect from me, whether it's a HD ridden off road or a Ninja 250 ridden coast to coast.

if you don't turn and look back as you're walking away, you're riding the wrong bike.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #37
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXMe View Post

Excuse me, you were the 1st to take a poke at my "poser" bike.

Hey, you responded to a serious decent suggestion by insulting my bike. .

You obviously suffer from reading comprehension you talked about earlier. Your quotes above prove that...my comments were about my personal preference on the "look" of your suggested motorcycle and stated that I like the look of the F series better. IT WAS ABOUT A MOTORCYCLE, not the person riding it!

Now my comment as to the styling of your suggested motorcycle you misinterpreted and took personally. Your subsequent thread post was aimed at me personally because of my opinion of the styling of your bike. Nothing I said in that response was aimed at YOU but only the styling of your bike. So for you to rant the way you did was unwarranted.

So obviously there was mid-life crisis testosterone pumping in your veins, for you to twist a "noobs" styling preference towards a bike, into a personal vendetta. I can respect an opinion/preference that is different than mine, but will not tolerate "personal", not "bike" attacks. However I will continue to enjoy so eloquently destroying your lack of comprehension between a comment on bike styling vs an actual directed personal comment.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #38
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Here he goes again with his testosterone fixation...

Boring... Waste of time... Doesn't even understand how insufferable he is... Dances nicely around his own mistakes...

I think you should just keep telling people who actually do ride bikes how wrong they are about everything!

I repeat, waste of time... You keep discussing things and chasing that perfect bike, maybe, just maybe eventually you'll actually ride a bike...

You'll just have to keep playing with your testosterone filled self because I'm out of here! I'm getting on my poser bike and going to AK!

You have fun in here playing with yourself twink.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #39
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXMe View Post
Here he goes again with his testosterone fixation...

Boring... Waste of time... Doesn't even understand how insufferable he is... Dances nicely around his own mistakes...

I think you should just keep telling people who actually do ride bikes how wrong they are about everything!

I repeat, waste of time... You keep discussing things and chasing that perfect bike, maybe, just maybe eventually you'll actually ride a bike...

You'll just have to keep playing with your testosterone filled self because I'm out of here! I'm getting on my poser bike and going to AK!

You have fun in here playing with yourself twink.
OH how I love the sound of defeat!!!!

I love how you focused on "T" subject, but not the fact that the comment that sent you over the top was actually about the styling of a bike and not you personally.

Also aren't we all chasing something perfect in some form of fashion, if its not the bolt-on parts, changing the seat etc.... to make it suit you better?

Last time I checked there is not a FACT that the 500X version styling is LIKED by everyone....hell if that was the case HONDA wouldn't have made 3 different style versions using the same powerplant/parts. So when you show me that I have disagreed with a FACT not OPINION or PREFERENCE posted by someone, enjoy ya ride to Alaska knowing you just got intellectually schooled by a noob!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:52 PM   #40
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,668
You know, you seem to work really hard to come across like a total ass. Maybe adjust your attitude a bit as no matter how it went: you started the whole pissing thing.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #41
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
You know, you seem to work really hard to come across like a total ass. Maybe adjust your attitude a bit as no matter how it went: you started the whole pissing thing.
Please go back, read my prior posts before his post and then let me know what you think. I vividly remember saying thank you multiple times for people giving their insight.

Quote:
Yeah I actually like the new cb500f version but I think the x version is an even bigger offroad poser than the vstrom. I also love the styling of the 750 nighthawks. Saw some a while back in the right price range but didn't pull the trigger.
If the above comment of my preference on the look of a bike, caused this
Quote:
You list mileage, highway ability and price as most important to you.

You also state that this will be your 1st bike... You need to just get your butt on ANY bike for a little while and stop armchair riding. After that you may be able to make some intelligent remarks about THE BIKE YOU HAVE RIDDEN!

At this point you have NO experience yet you still feel entitled to call one of the best motorcycling bargains of today a poser bike???
That my friend is targeted at me as a person, he stopped giving just advice on the topic at hand. Now if one cannot disagree with another on the looks of bike without making it personal, then that is just absurd to me. That is not worth defending.

Also as a side note, I started another thread in the Thumper section of the forum at the same time as this and its going without any of this malarkey. Even had other "experienced" riders police the bias that some users were giving in advice. Read my posts from their if you want and see the non "total ass" posts that I have until him. I agree with you in the sense that when he originally made it personal I could have looked the other way, but I didnt. I respect advice and opinions...but I will defend myself especially when its personal or that in which is at question has merit that is clearly being overlooked.

vstateblazer screwed with this post 06-02-2014 at 11:32 PM Reason: additional info
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #42
LowOnFuel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
This looks like another Georgia shine related incident.

LowOnFuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:59 AM   #43
Raabe
CAW CAW!!!

Oddometer: 40
well if it were Europe instead of US, i would highly recommend a Transalp.

Mainly because i ride one of these since a few years and love it, but also because it has a good reputation.

very reliable
good mileage
comfy
on-road or off-road is just a matter of riding skill, the TA is ready for both
you get them starting at 1000€ (mine was 1500 with 20k km, accident and drop free)
used ones with 50k km and more on the engine are merely finished with warming up ;)

but

spareparts seem to be (according to some interwebz) hard to find in US (compared to EU)
things that should be easy to fix, can be annoying to do so, for example spark plugs and battery, because you have to remove many parts just to get to them.

In your case i would also suggest a VStorm. Have just test-ridden one for about 50 kilometers (and personally not liked it compared to my Alp - reasons will be posted if asked), but its reputation is pretty big in the biking-community.

Most of the part "what can the bike do" depends on what the rider can do with it. (of course a offroadcapability from the bike makes offroading easier but you do not need it to drive your steed offroad)

You get to see (at least here in austria) often bikers that buy verry off-roady adventure / dualsporters and as soon as they just see nothing more than gravel, they get anxious.

On the other hand, last month i was offroading a bit (mostly mud and gravel) and one of the guys that were with uns punched his GSXR750 with street tires throu mud and gravel with such skill and grace, that just by watching you would not believe it was a supersport mauling some dirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
if you don't turn and look back as you're walking away, you're riding the wrong bike.
this sentence is just so beautiful and true, may i use it (quoted of course) for forum signature?
Raabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #44
arrcrussell
Gimme Dirt

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstateblazer View Post
Yeah I actually like the new cb500f version but I think the x version is an even bigger offroad poser than the vstrom. I also love the styling of the 750 nighthawks. Saw some a while back in the right price range but didn't pull the trigger.
V

Just a bit of advice. You admit you have no riding experience and ask for advice. People respond with their suggestions. X suggests the 500X, his personal favorite. You then call it a "poser". He takes it as an insult (as most of us would!) and the war begins.

X

Don't let noobs get to ya, it ain't worth the aggravation! Now go enjoy your Yukon adventure!!
arrcrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:42 AM   #45
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Thanks for the comments from some of you and thanks for trying.

This guy needs to 1st grow up, regardless of how old he is.

He needs to realize that regardless of how "right " he thinks he is there is a chance that he's not, none of us are!

Regardless of what he thinks his "eloquence" is more than a little lacking.

Acting like a college kid who thinks he knows more than the rest of the world will not help him in here.

You know he'll be back to try to shit on me more, only because like most immature people he feels he has to have the last word.

Again, thanks for the positive comments, but now you too are on his list.

Hopefully done.