Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #46
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Thanks for the comments from some of you and thanks for trying.

Quote:
This guy needs to 1st grow up, regardless of how old he is.
+1 coming from a 50+ man using "Jo Momma"

Quote:
He needs to realize that regardless of how "right " he thinks he is there is a chance that he's not, none of us are!
+1

Quote:
Regardless of what he thinks his "eloquence" is more than a little lacking.
My addressing of the blurred line of personal comments vs bike advice/preference was indeed that. None of your subsequent posts have been about you taking my opinion on the style of the bike and responding with personal comments ESPECIALLY since I started off that post saying that I like the F version which shares the powerplant and numerous other parts but DIFFERENT BODY STYLE.

Quote:
Acting like a college kid who thinks he knows more than the rest of the world will not help him in here.
Yeah thats me if you read every thread post between just US, this thread was started off with me being an open book and asking advice....some who knows more than the world would not seek advice from it in the manner that I did.

You know he'll be back to try to shit on me more, only because like most
Quote:
immature people he feels he has to have the last word.
+1 your post before then makes you what now?

Quote:
Again, thanks for the positive comments, but now you too are on his list.
He and the other guys who have supported you have not directed anything PERSONAL to me. He clearly stated how my difference in the styling of motorcycle combined with my "noob" status could have been taken as an insult to an experience rider. and how you have the choice as an experience rider not to get worked up over the "style" preference of a "noob".

Hopefully done.
vstateblazer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:47 AM   #47
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Oddometer: 126
And there he is... You are still in college aren't you...

You just need to go back to my 1st post and READ WITH AN OPEN MIND.

Regardless of what anyone says you won't accept any responsibility at all for where we are now...

I actually wish you would just go buy a bike and I wish you the best of luck with whatever you choose.

XXMe screwed with this post 06-03-2014 at 06:57 AM
XXMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #48
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Guys, the faster you realize that arguing back and forth on a public forum makes YOU BOTH look like children, the faster you can get on with your hopefully-better-than-this lives.

Using the private message feature would have helped both your cases long ago; arguing that the other guy is more immature is completely useless by this point. Everyone else reading is convinced it's both of you that is the problem.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:00 AM   #49
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Psa

I assumed that as men we can have differencing opinions about things that don't require experience to be valid, like style of a bike and still be able to have a constructive discussion. If you feel/know that a "noob" or anyone telling you that he does not like something opinionated you suggested is going to make you respond with personal comments, DONT POST.

I personally will continue to respect FACTS and ADVICE given without personal insult included, as I have done for every poster except the ONLY one who got personal. If you choose to go that route, I'm a IT professional who on slow days has absolutely nothing to do with constant PC access other to respond to such personal comments with the SAME consideration that was given to me.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 AM   #50
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstateblazer View Post
That my friend is targeted at me as a person, he stopped giving just advice on the topic at hand.
I believe you are mis-interpreting something that people with riding experience plain know: you have to get your butt on a bike and try out what you'll like. Reading or looking at pictures doesn't tell you ANYTHING about how you'll enjoy a specific bike.

A lot of beginners make the same mistake, especially in the US, the land of the "bigger is better" concept. They think they need or want a certain bike based on perceived truths they read or hear. I can tell you for a fact that Americans (on average) are the most stupid people when it comes to gauging what you can or cannot, should or should not do with a certain vehicle. They are the epitome of the idiot lead to believe something by marketing. A typical American will tell you that you need a car with a V6 engine to cruise comfortably at 70mph while the rest of the world cruises 100mph in their little 4 cylinder engines.

You seem to fall in the same category: you are lead to believe one thing over another without any experience you have gained yourself.

If you actually stop discussing here and start riding, you'll realize how much truth is in the simple hint of "STFU and go ride something". Because what you are doing here is discussing a topic without ANY factual knowledge. That pisses people off. And I can certainly see why given that you are very full of yourself and your acquired, very theoretical "knowledge" and opinion.

I join now the camp of people saying that you should shut up, take the advice given, buy any damn bike you want and try it out. It does not matter what bike you buy today. The chance that it'll be the bike you actually want is close to zero. You will have to find out yourself why some people tell you that a teeny weeny bike is more fun than a big and heavy one. You will find out why some people tell you that trying to take one single bike on highway rides as well as off-road isn't going to work well. You'll find out what qualities you actually prefer - the lightness, nimbleness of a small and light bike, or the solid comfort of a bigger bike.

What some people here are telling you is that you have to learn this yourself before a) judging the suggestions and b) arguing about certain bikes or types of bikes at all. You have no ground to argue on. None at all. So get out, buy a bike, get the experience and then tell us about it.

This will be the last comment from me in this thread. I have stated my opinion above that humans cannot (don't want to) learn from other humans experiences. There will always be the one who needs to put his naked ass on the stove top, just to find out whether it really is as hot and painful as people are telling him. So go ahead, do it. Do us all (and yourself in particular) a huge favor and get on that stove top. You'll understand much better what people here are telling you. And you can start discussing experience, not just hearsay.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:54 AM   #51
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I believe you are mis-interpreting something that people with riding experience plain know: you have to get your butt on a bike and try out what you'll like. Reading or looking at pictures doesn't tell you ANYTHING about how you'll enjoy a specific bike.

A lot of beginners make the same mistake, especially in the US, the land of the "bigger is better" concept. They think they need or want a certain bike based on perceived truths they read or hear. I can tell you for a fact that Americans (on average) are the most stupid people when it comes to gauging what you can or cannot, should or should not do with a certain vehicle. They are the epitome of the idiot lead to believe something by marketing. A typical American will tell you that you need a car with a V6 engine to cruise comfortably at 70mph while the rest of the world cruises 100mph in their little 4 cylinder engines.

You seem to fall in the same category: you are lead to believe one thing over another without any experience you have gained yourself.

If you actually stop discussing here and start riding, you'll realize how much truth is in the simple hint of "STFU and go ride something". Because what you are doing here is discussing a topic without ANY factual knowledge. That pisses people off. And I can certainly see why given that you are very full of yourself and your acquired, very theoretical "knowledge" and opinion.

I join now the camp of people saying that you should shut up, take the advice given, buy any damn bike you want and try it out. It does not matter what bike you buy today. The chance that it'll be the bike you actually want is close to zero. You will have to find out yourself why some people tell you that a teeny weeny bike is more fun than a big and heavy one. You will find out why some people tell you that trying to take one single bike on highway rides as well as off-road isn't going to work well. You'll find out what qualities you actually prefer - the lightness, nimbleness of a small and light bike, or the solid comfort of a bigger bike.

What some people here are telling you is that you have to learn this yourself before a) judging the suggestions and b) arguing about certain bikes or types of bikes at all. You have no ground to argue on. None at all. So get out, buy a bike, get the experience and then tell us about it.

This will be the last comment from me in this thread. I have stated my opinion above that humans cannot (don't want to) learn from other humans experiences. There will always be the one who needs to put his naked ass on the stove top, just to find out whether it really is as hot and painful as people are telling him. So go ahead, do it. Do us all (and yourself in particular) a huge favor and get on that stove top. You'll understand much better what people here are telling you. And you can start discussing experience, not just hearsay.
Obviously with me seeking advice from other riders in the manner that I did in the original thread post is me placing the experience they have in high regard. Im not looking to jump on the biggest bike possible, but one that would suite the needs that I listed. If you ACTUALLY read all of my other responses to riders who posted without sitting on their high chair of experience, I didn't say no to any advice to going with a light, inexpensive motorcycle.

My ground for arguing is that the last time I checked you don't need any riding experience to tell someone you "prefer" the look of a motorcycle or anything of that matter. If you find something that visually does not appeal to you, then it doesn't. So maybe my use of the word "poser" was not the right one, maybe I should have said look/style. But that doesn't change the fact even after trying to explain I was only talking bout the style of bike, his personal onslaught continued. Every post afterwards continued to iterate that I was talking about the style and defending myself from his personal insults.

Your comment about most americans does not apply to me, because I have a post in this exact thread stating that I did not want to get caught up in the typical multiple bike purchase and financing before having a machine that suited my needs. Thats why I started this thread to make the most informed decision possible to limit that.

You also bring up the lack of FACTUAL knowledge on my part, when for the topic that I'm arguing you don't need any. How one man perceives the look of a bike is not a fact and will never be. Also it is FACT that I said I like the F version which is the same bike 90% mechanically, JUST A DIFFERENT STYLE/LOOK. The fact that you support an experienced rider telling a perspective rider, to "stfu just get one and ride....learn from that then come talk to me" on the basis he disagreed with the style of bike is just down right out appalling. That statement has been made before without the "negative" connotation included and was well received great advice.

Quote:
I believe you are mis-interpreting something that people with riding experience plain know: you have to get your butt on a bike and try out what you'll like
Then say it without getting personal, "arm-chair riding" "make intelligent comments".
I took offense to the negative content of that message and that is what I'm defending PERIOD. AS PREVIOUSLY STATED, I will continue to respect the advice given WITHOUT personal insult.

vstateblazer screwed with this post 06-03-2014 at 09:02 AM
Old 06-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #52
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Do you have any further motorcycle related questions?
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:27 AM   #53
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

only what was listed in the original post
Old 06-03-2014, 09:29 AM   #54
CB024
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Hi, new to the site but not too riding.

I think you need 2 bikes. If I were you I would get a CB500F for now and save up for a DRZ400 for your offroad itch later.

You can find good DRZ's in the $2k to $3k range.
CB024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #55
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

yeah that seems to be the trend with other posters, some whom of which have even posted options to satisfy both with my budget.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #56
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Thank you CUG..

I hope I'm done... Bye.

Best of luck with your choice.

Or see the rest below... It's OK, none of this is the fault of v.

XXMe screwed with this post 06-03-2014 at 10:20 AM
Old 06-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #57
CB024
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vstateblazer View Post
yeah that seems to be the trend with other posters, some whom of which have even posted options to satisfy both with my budget.
Yeah. Sucks because it adds another vehicle to insure and maintain but it will make you happier in both situations (on road and off road). Heck with owning a truck you could get a dedicated dirt bike and just load it in the back. You wont have to insure it then and you can still blast some off road on a bike that was designed for that purpose.
CB024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #58
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

yeah but if i go non street legal dirtbike I could choose to not have it ensured since it wont be driven on the road? and haul it to the trails like you said
Old 06-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #59
XXMe
Geezer on the road

Thank you CUG..

"Yeah I actually like the cb500f version but I think the x version is an even bigger offroad poser than the vstrom" Sound familiar?

Funny, but as bad as my reading comprehension is I just can't find any " looks like" anywhere in that sentence.

BUT I'll take responsibility for the whole misunderstanding. So to expedite this whole thing I'll just say that everything here is my fault and I have no business trying to discuss anything with such a scholarly, worldly, blazing adventurer as this guy. How's that?

I hope I'm done... Bye.

Best of luck with your choice.

The rest of you stand by for another of his diatribes...

XXMe screwed with this post 06-03-2014 at 10:26 AM
Old 06-03-2014, 10:34 AM   #60
vstateblazer OP
Adventurer

X I would like to apologize as well for my improper use of "poser" when I should have used something different. I did spend at least the next thread trying to explain my use of that word.

I'm willing to edit all of my past posts to comment deleted or something of that nature since we are now at the stage of letting bye-gones be bye-gones.