Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #1
Bhart89 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Will prices on the '14 Super Tenere go up after January 1st?

I understand that there are some pretty good dealer incentives on the '13 and '14 Super Tenere that expire on 12/27.

I am getting a bonus in March and was planning on buying a standard '14 S10 in early April. As the laws of supply and demand go, will the Spring the worst time of the year to buy this bike? I'll end up financing about half of the cost of the bike for probably 3 years (with the other half cash down at the time of purchase).

Anyone care to guess if I would be better off buying now before the $1500 dealer incentives expire on 12/27 or waiting till April and buying then?
Bhart89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #2
MrVvrroomm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
You will pay more for a 2014, if there are any left, in March/April than right now.

There's no telling if the current incentives will disappear or get even better after the end of December.

They are only incentivized to get rid of them.

Buy it now, finance the whole thing, then pay half off when you get your bonus.

Interest rates will do nothing but rise at this point.
MrVvrroomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:17 AM   #3
nuckin_futs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVvrroomm View Post
You will pay more for a 2014, if there are any left, in March/April than right now.

There's no telling if the current incentives will disappear or get even better after the end of December.

They are only incentivized to get rid of them.

Buy it now, finance the whole thing, then pay half off when you get your bonus.

Interest rates will do nothing but rise at this point.
What he said .
nuckin_futs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Bhart89 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
I've been Quoted $11,200 out the door (includes tax, title, freight, etc.) on a 2013 with an Akropovic pipe. That's $9,999 sales price plus fees. I haven't gotten a price on the '14. I've got until 12/27 to decide.
Bhart89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
No, the price on a 2014 will NOT go up. It's a left over model and the longer ya wait the more likely it is the dealer will be willing to negotiate on the "left over" models.

Paul
Old 12-17-2014, 10:54 PM   #6
randomride
Bike whore

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhart89 View Post
I understand that there are some pretty good dealer incentives on the '13 and '14 Super Tenere that expire on 12/27.

I am getting a bonus in March and was planning on buying a standard '14 S10 in early April. As the laws of supply and demand go, will the Spring the worst time of the year to buy this bike? I'll end up financing about half of the cost of the bike for probably 3 years (with the other half cash down at the time of purchase).

Anyone care to guess if I would be better off buying now before the $1500 dealer incentives expire on 12/27 or waiting till April and buying then?
Ultimately the selling price of a motorcycle is dictated by the dealer and what incentives are available from the manufacturer. Yamaha has some smokin dealer incentives right now to help clear out old inventory. Those dealers who want to move some inventory are taking advantage of this by giving out some real bargains. Take advantage of them while they are there as Yamaha will probably not renew this incentive the first of the year.
Old Yesterday, 12:03 AM   #7
MariusD
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
I suspect they will base incentives on leftover inventory every month, so its hard to tell.
If there are still plenty of bikes to be sold, then the incentive might stay or even go up. If inventories run lower incentive gets pulled away, then the price will rise as the dealership will not take a loss by still giving u that discount.
MariusD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM   #8
HandCanonShootr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Wicked

How could last years model (ie 2014 model selling in 2015) cost more after January then now? Unless supply drys up.
Both 2013 & 2014 models (new or used) should take a drop in price. But they are now last years models.
Incentives will continue methinks, and increase. For So.CA for sure.

Mike B
HandCanonShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM   #9
randomride
Bike whore

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCanonShootr View Post
How could last years model (ie 2014 model selling in 2015) cost more after January then now? Unless supply drys up.
Both 2013 & 2014 models (new or used) should take a drop in price. But they are now last years models.
Incentives will continue methinks, and increase. For So.CA for sure.

Mike B
Manufacturers incentives aren't regional, they are national. If the amount of leftover stock has fallen below a certain point, then the incentives will cease. Dealers have the option to pay them off and thus receive the incentive regardless of when the bike gets retailed. Most dealers aren't in good enough financial shape to pay bikes off once the free flooring is over.
Old Today, 10:42 AM   #10
V35A
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Brewer Cycles in Henderson, NC has a 2014 ES in stock. Asking price is $12,450.
V35A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:04 AM   #11
HandCanonShootr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
FYI: In So.CA most dealers have New 2013, New 2014, as well as an occasional used S10
For a New 2013 Quoted OTD:$13001, (internet listed for $9995.) sounds like some room to close deal with further discount or mdse$.
2014 was $2000-2400 more OTD (not quoted, suggested).

Same dealer Used 2013 9k miles OTD $11000.

Mike B.

ps: Temecula dealer. Impression was all prices had some discount room...
HandCanonShootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:21 PM   #12
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandCanonShootr View Post
FYI: In So.CA most dealers have New 2013, New 2014, as well as an occasional used S10
For a New 2013 Quoted OTD:$13001, (internet listed for $9995.) sounds like some room to close deal with further discount or mdse$.
2014 was $2000-2400 more OTD (not quoted, suggested).

Same dealer Used 2013 9k miles OTD $11000.

Mike B.

ps: Temecula dealer. Impression was all prices had some discount room...
$3000 in taxes and fees seems very high. Dealer I bought my bike from has a white leftover 2013 for $9,997.00 plus tax, plate, and $100 doc. fee, no freight or prep. I could get a OTD price just under $10,800.

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/defau...=xnewinventory
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote