User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2007, 05:40 AM   #151
Pict
A Scot in exile

Oddometer: 33
TDM 900 video

For the sake of spreading the message Stateside, and with thanks to our Norwegian friend AJ Blizzard for posting it on the Carpe-TDM site, here's a Dutch video of the TDM 900 - admittedly on the smooth and black. Its an early (pre-2004) version btw. For any wheelie/stoppie freaks, view the same version in Turkey (showing that it ain't no.....)

Pict screwed with this post 02-05-2007 at 06:55 AM
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 AM   #152
Pict
A Scot in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict
For the sake of spreading the message Stateside, and with thanks to our Norwegian friend AJ Blizzard for posting it on the Carpe-TDM site, here's a Dutch video of the TDM 900 - admittedly on the smooth and black. Its an early (pre-2004) version btw. For any wheelie/stoppie freaks, view the same version in Turkey (showing that it ain't no.....)
Forgo to say thanks to Doc from Carpe for that second tip.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #153
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
Too bad he doesn't have the black blinkers though, that would finish it

This question will probably give away my ignorance but, what do you mean by black blinkers? The mount looks black except for the lil' orang'ish dot...
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #154
Flying Dutchman
Muther Fokker

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrum
This question will probably give away my ignorance but, what do you mean by black blinkers? The mount looks black except for the lil' orang'ish dot...
The blinker lenses are smoked black in color, in above pic the orange hue is the reflection of the orange bulb inside.

Team Frikandel Speciaal on www.ebay.de has them in the black smoked and white colors:

www.motorisation.net
Flying Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #155
Tantrum
Condescending Nag

Oddometer: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman
The blinker lenses are smoked black in color, in above pic the orange hue is the reflection of the orange bulb inside.

Team Frikandel Speciaal on www.ebay.de has them in the black smoked and white colors:

Thanks for clearing that up
"Life's odyssey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting,"...holy shit...what a ride!"
Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape
The purpose of fun is to have it
Tantrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #156
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
bro,u intend to get a spare wheelset for off-rd....using the same stock wheel?or getting a new set of spokey wheels?sounds like a good plan...
Spokes in the long run, for now spare set stock rims from a yard nearby who is parting one out.

Edit to add pix taken with xmas camera. Not much adv in the barn.

“Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried.” - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch

SlipChip screwed with this post 02-05-2007 at 09:06 PM Reason: To add pix
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #157
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
i think it would be fun to have spokey wheels if you plan to do off-rds...maybe to project it on the 850 would be good...to do it on my niner,its a pain...luve my bike too much to do all this...maybe if i still have it in 5 yrs time...

this bike has plenty of torque...there's so much room for improvement...maybe like change to WR4 or YZ4 inverted forks...removed all the headfairings and replaced it to WR400 headlight and shroud..replaced to high mount aftermarket exhaust,removed the rear sideboards and fairings for dirtbike fender and sideboards.....taaadaa....you have the Yammie version of the BMW HP2..okie,i'm a little over board...
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #158
speckypete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Dont know how I missed this...
I have an old '92 TDM850. It has 62000km on the clock, though the speedo cable was broken for a while. The electrics seem to have been installed by some Italian students who were in Japan on work experience. The origional rectifier was made of custard. The gearbox is manufactured from high quality swiss chocolate. The handling is erm 'fun'.

...But I love this bike. It is easy to work on, will go almost anywhere you are foolish enough to take it. It does not demand love and attention. I now dont even have to think about short-shifting through 3rd gear as if you gas it in 3rd, it jumps straight back to 2nd. All adds to the character.

Hoping to get my Mk2 gearbox installed before we go touring in Morrocco later this year, but besides that, I have no plans to do anything to the bike, or replace it, it simply does everything I need it to.

Cheers from rainy Spain

Peter
Old 02-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #159
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,477
Anybody out there know the make and model of the front forks on a 92 TDM. The factory manual gives all the pertinent info except for who made em.
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #160
Hartside N lakes man
Not A noob actually OLD

Oddometer: 8
Gone a bit quiet in here so i thought i would post a pic

do you like my stubby pipes

Hartside N lakes man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:24 AM   #161
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
not too bad actually...but i would luv tohave the GPR high mount exhaust...
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #162
kv
[none]

Oddometer: 5,046
I know where there's a 1992 TDM here in the States with 20K on the clock. It's overpriced but I have an idea they'd love to move on it. I'm going to give them a call and if I pass, I'll provide the details.

So what's it worth? Looks decent and comes without any farkles other than a Micron pipe.

Save $5.00 on a subscription to Smugmug by entering SmYAucfONBnH2 in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form.
kv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:44 PM   #163
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,477
The prices I have been seeing seem to be in the $2200-2800 range. Unless they have been completely trashed. I would aim for the low end on a stocker.
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #164
Pict
A Scot in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckypete
Dont know how I missed this...
I have an old '92 TDM850. It has 62000km on the clock, though the speedo cable was broken for a while. The electrics seem to have been installed by some Italian students who were in Japan on work experience. The origional rectifier was made of custard. The gearbox is manufactured from high quality swiss chocolate. The handling is erm 'fun'.

...But I love this bike. It is easy to work on, will go almost anywhere you are foolish enough to take it. It does not demand love and attention. I now dont even have to think about short-shifting through 3rd gear as if you gas it in 3rd, it jumps straight back to 2nd. All adds to the character.

Hoping to get my Mk2 gearbox installed before we go touring in Morrocco later this year, but besides that, I have no plans to do anything to the bike, or replace it, it simply does everything I need it to.

Cheers from rainy Spain

Peter
Hi Pete,

Care to join us at Carpe-TDM? Sounds like you're our kind of guy!

Pict

Pict screwed with this post 02-14-2007 at 01:02 AM
Pict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:55 AM   #165
speckypete
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict
Hi Pete,

Care to join us at Carpe-TDM? Sounds like you're our kind of guy!

Pict
Already a member, though an infrequent poster. Dont think I've posted since the forum updated. I got my gearbox from Alan, but have not had it off the road for the last year, so its still got the one with no third gear. Its amazingly flexible, as long as you keep it in second upto 5k, it willl pull 4th fine.

Carpe is a great forum for sure Would not have got Avon Azuras otherwise, saved me money, and I reckon they are better in the wet than the old MEZ6 tyres.

My fuel consumption is getting bad. Maybe I should do the emulsion tubes whilst the engine is out for the big stripdown. New rings may also be good for Kyoto I think....

Cheers

Peter