Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #1246
TDMTAM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ..
the TDMers are quiet people....

however...i think it would be a good idea...info sharing,and photosharing...

why don't you start the ball rolling....
Ok then here goes
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430344
TAM
TDMTAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #1247
sajan
Aventurero en una TDM

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDMTAM
Having seen, & enjoyed looking at various other sections have there Model picture thread ie. Lets see your 1200GS, V-strom picture thread etc. etc.
As well as load of pictures scattered through the TDM riders thread, how about starting a TDM picture only type thread?

TAM

Excellent idea!!!
sajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #1248
ahoraquemister
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Two new videos!

There are 2 new videos out of our trip. 3 TDMs in them.

The links in order are below.

enjoy!

ahoraquemister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:33 PM   #1249
jubadude
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT!

Oddometer: 80
Hey masterbrewer,

Masterbrewer just thinking about you and your countrymen, my thoughts and prayers to you and your friends! just letting you know that we care what happens to you! Be safe, and be smart, leave, get out when the time comes. Not sure how close you are to the affected areas, let us know your ok! let us know if you need something!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #1250
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
yes...i agreed...masterbrewers and all the dudes around that area...

I hope you guys are not affected...it's a sad sad thing...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #1251
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,517

Appreciate your concerns guys, but I'm about 900kms west in South Australia, thanks all the same.

We were actually expecting the weather they got, sometimes you can be just lucky.

Sure is shocking.

Was great riding country & will be again. Check out my "Mountain Country" ride report http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187232 for images of some of the type of country under threat. Not quite the areas currently burning at present, but very close by. You can understand why they couldn't out run the fire.

Here's a map of Victoria showing the fires. They are currently expecting several fire fronts to join up and create an enormous fire storm if the weather doesn't improve.

http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/fires/upda...TC+1030%202009

We wish them well.

masterbrewer screwed with this post 02-12-2009 at 02:27 AM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #1252
toneski
flange buttress manifold

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura
I wish Your spirits to be healed as soon a possible, dicky1!

Hey dudes? is it a ... tdm?

yep its an XTZ750 Super Tenere ;)
the 750 engine is an earlier version of the mk1/3VD TDM850
only difference is the barrel size, gearbox and stator/alternator size
its quite common to fit an 850 engine as its a straight swap

and to keep this thread on topic, a photo of my TDM from last years Carpe-TDM meet (RTT08) in Ireland
toneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #1253
Davi5678
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Wink Naked TDM 900??

This bike is on the top of my list for the next upgrade, just wondering if anyone has any pics of the 900 with the fairing off, mostly out of curiosity, I'm a big fan of naked bikes and was contemplating replacing the fairing and headlight assembly with the headlight off an XJR 1300.
Tried a google image search but no joy, if anyone has a pic of there TDM 900 with her clothes off I'd really appreciate a peek!
Davi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #1254
toneski
flange buttress manifold

Oddometer: 22
stolen from the TDM forum here http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.p...dpost&p=109968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pict
"Mystical Prowler" went through a progressive regrade as LIAW made and/or fitted various bits - headlights, binnacle, mirrors, exhausts, tank/frame remodelling, rear carrier...
The picture with the single headlight is the bike partly "dumbed down" for sale (about to be painted black), so many of the goodies are not shown. Earlier it looked like this:

LIAW is a proper back street hero
toneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:16 AM   #1255
Davi5678
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Well this site is certainly resourceful and accommodating! LOL Ask for a stripper, get one!
Paint job is not quite my cup of tea but the bike looks pretty good without the fairing, single headlight, sorted. Cheers!
Davi5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #1256
AlabamaCowboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
TDM Electrical Gremlins Question / Help ?

Guys I have a 1992 Yamaha TDM... stateside..Alabama to be exact... Back in the summer while on a 350 mile ride, my battery started getting really hot...actually blew a cap and I lost power ..... I figure it was a rectifier going screwy..So I ordered and replaced the rectifier and installed a new battery.

This seemed to fix the running problem, starts and runs fine now.

But, as a result I think of the battery blowup/power spike I lost several bulbs, etc..... I replaced all the turn signal bulbs and they seem to be working fine....I have yet to replace the low beam headlight bulb but can do that no problemo.... The weird problem I dont understand is that since this incident my tach is not working.... I can surmise that it is an electronically controlled unit and I fear the worst .... Could this power spike incident have fried my tach ?? I have no idea really ...oh and the back lighting for both speedo and tach are not working either so Im guessing all of those bulbs were fried as well..

Assuming the worst, that the tach is fried.... Is there anyone out there who rebuilds or remans these units ? or is there another Yamaha part out there from another, more US common bike that I could substitute ? any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
AC
1982 Honda Passport
AlabamaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 AM   #1257
xtphreak
from B4 "adventure bikes"

Oddometer: 7,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaCowboy
Guys I have a 1992 Yamaha TDM... stateside..Alabama to be exact... Back in the summer while on a 350 mile ride, my battery started getting really hot...actually blew a cap and I lost power ..... I figure it was a rectifier going screwy..So I ordered and replaced the rectifier and installed a new battery.

This seemed to fix the running problem, starts and runs fine now.

But, as a result I think of the battery blowup/power spike I lost several bulbs, etc..... I replaced all the turn signal bulbs and they seem to be working fine....I have yet to replace the low beam headlight bulb but can do that no problemo.... The weird problem I dont understand is that since this incident my tach is not working.... I can surmise that it is an electronically controlled unit and I fear the worst .... Could this power spike incident have fried my tach ?? I have no idea really ...oh and the back lighting for both speedo and tach are not working either so Im guessing all of those bulbs were fried as well..

Assuming the worst, that the tach is fried.... Is there anyone out there who rebuilds or remans these units ? or is there another Yamaha part out there from another, more US common bike that I could substitute ? any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks
AC
look on fleabay uk for TDM parts, specifically "clocks"

you can swap the speedo for yours to their set probably easier than swapping the tach ...
I have to look at a schematic when I get home, but I'd fear that the tach is fed off an output of the igniter box ...
in which case it might not be the tach

if you do get a set of clocks, let me know, I'm using a Vapor electronic speedo 'cause mine died. Maybe us suthun boys can hep each udder out split the costs etc ... I'd like to try a metric speedo to replace mine
Robert A. Heinlen
Adventure is discomfort recounted at leisure. Flash / GSWayne
Chrome don't get ya home. Rob Nye
Stamp Out Hoplophobia in Our lifetimes.
1999 Tiger 885
1995 XT600E
xtphreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #1258
stege
Wonderer

Oddometer: 287
Just cutter plotted the ADV-Dakar logo couple hours ago

Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #1259
AJ..
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,475
My day report for today...

http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.p...9&#entry111829

A short vid on the TDM running on deep sand.Click here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awFfQm8Gwf0

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-fr...7491373?v=wall
AJ.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #1260
BluRoad
as in blue highways

Oddometer: 456
Ride/Drive CA to WI

Returning from a years' work gig in Hawaii, in January I met up with my new-to-me TDM in Tucson, AZ and trailered/rode/trailered/rode my way home to Madison, WI. Here's a few pics:

After some initial shake-down runs on the TDM and the tow rig, I headed east from Tucson toward Austin, TX for a week visiting my daughter. En route, on Super Bowl Sunday, I detoured to Big Bend National Park for a day's worth of scenic riding.

[IMG]Big Bend NP '09[/IMG]

An immense and beautiful place. But the 45mph speed limit was a frustration, especially as I saw almost as many rangers (with moving radar) as I did other tourists. Perfect weather, great views.

[IMG]Big Bend NP '09[/IMG]

During my stay in Austin I spent a day sampling the Texas Hill Country, which lies just to the west of the city. Another perfect day on some very nice roads — with much higher speeds available.

[IMG]TX Hill Country '09[/IMG]

Leaving east out of Austin, I took the blue highways across Louisiana, crossing the Mississippi River at Natchez. From there a run up the Natchez Trace National Parkway. South of Jackson, MS, I off-loaded the TDM for a truly blissful ride in the surrounding twisties — excellent! Continuing north, the temperatures dropped predictably and the riding diversions were over. One month and 2900 miles. Oh...I like this bike!

[IMG]Mississippi River @ Natchez[/IMG]

Here's a look at the tow rig: a Mitsubishi Outlander pulling a Trailer in a Bag. This proved to be an excellent combination. Effortless pull, even with the 4-cylinder/automatic, averaging 26mpg. My initial "frugal" choice of WalMart tie-downs proved a poor decision, as one strap snapped after only 200 miles. Get good tie-downs!
BluRoad is offline   Reply With Quote