ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #31
SICVIC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaforbreakfast View Post
I was hoping I would get it done in time for you. :)
Saw your recent post on the moto jazz forum worrying about getting your gps set before departure.

You are going to have an awesome ride yourself! I can't wait to hear about your adventures so take lots of pictures. What day are you starting the T1 this year?

Have fun!!!
I plan on kicking off the T1 party on Aug 9th bright-n-early.
Full moon on the 10th; light all night long.... I'm not riding at night this year. lol

One section per day will be good for me.

When you starting?? You guys gonna do a couple sections a day if possible or keep it to one per?

I'm flying out tonight so if I miss the return to this mail; have a great/safe ride.

Vic
SICVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #32
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Oddometer: 406
Planning on being at the start around August 21st. As far as sections per day, I'm playing it by ear. Packing really light camping gear so I don't have to be held to any standard. I'm "the adv wanker" that they refer to. My plan is to sort-of unofficially do the route. No challenge points and what not; however the chance of getting nice klim gear is tempting.
"If you're too busy to hunt and fish, you're too busy"
Jase-Duck Dynasty
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #33
SICVIC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Man View Post
Planning on being at the start around August 21st. As far as sections per day, I'm playing it by ear. Packing really light camping gear so I don't have to be held to any standard. I'm "the adv wanker" that they refer to. My plan is to sort-of unofficially do the route. No challenge points and what not; however the chance of getting nice klim gear is tempting.
Playing it by ear is about the only way to go.
Camping gear adds a little weight (of course) but it does allow for you do a little more or less per day if you like. Finding a room was an issue last year in some of the towns. I think one really needed to book inadvance to make it happen. The way it worked for me is I would get to a town in the dark then drive all over finding all the rooms booked then ended up sleeping on the ground. Did get a cool little cottage in Lowell I think.

Anyways, you will have a blast no matter what route you end on. I don't think there is a wrong trail in that State.... BUUUTTTT, why not go for it and WIN the KLIM. Enjoy the ride.
SICVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #34
pizzaforbreakfast OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICVIC View Post
I plan on kicking off the T1 party on Aug 9th bright-n-early.
Full moon on the 10th; light all night long.... I'm not riding at night this year. lol

One section per day will be good for me.

When you starting?? You guys gonna do a couple sections a day if possible or keep it to one per?

I'm flying out tonight so if I miss the return to this mail; have a great/safe ride.

Vic
Starting Monday and looking to make American Falls at the end of D1, and Challis at the end of D2. Didn't quite make it to Challis on this schedule last year but it was fun trying, so why not. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Man View Post
I think you should go for the challenge points. You have 21 days to complete it now and would get +4 for solo, +1 for no pre-run, +1 for self supported.

pizzaforbreakfast screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 01:23 PM Reason: starting Monday not Sunday
pizzaforbreakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #35
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Pizza,
Sounds like day 1 and first half of day 2 is longer time wise this year so you will have to roost even harder to make it to AF. I am taking the pleasure plan on way north and doing day 1 to poky. Then stopping in AF on day two to do the desert at dawn and proceed to random camp site in middle of day 3. Then stay on std course for the rest. But really playing it by ear. My departure date is now late august so I will be home when Vic goes and hopefully play wingman with him as he passes thru the area to insert some sweet single track into his ride across washington. It will be after one of his maintenance days so I think he will be up for it if he has the schedule.
birdcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:03 AM   #36
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

CPs

Pizza,

Maybe I'm cut/pasting wrong, but I think I see errors in CP 28-31 compared to the motojazz CP table. I see an extra CP #31 up at leesburg that was removed in the latest changes when I import your full route. The CP #28 start is not listed in that location. And I don't see the new #31 start, just an end, etc. Please review and confirm or deny fixes are needed.

Joe

birdcool screwed with this post 07-22-2014 at 02:17 AM
Old 07-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #37
pizzaforbreakfast OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdcool View Post
Pizza,

Maybe I'm cut/pasting wrong, but I think I see errors in CP 28-31 compared to the motojazz CP table. I see an extra CP #31 up at leesburg that was removed in the latest changes when I import your full route. The CP #28 start is not listed in that location. And I don't see the new #31 start, just an end, etc. Please review and confirm or deny fixes are needed.

Joe
Thanks for checking over my work Joe. There very well may be some problems.

One of the potential issues may be that CP30x (the end of the CP30 section) sits directly on top of the start of the next CP section (CP31). This may make it look like there are two "CP31x" but one of them is really the 30x overlapping the 31.

I checked back over that section and everything still looks correct to me. Here is the info I have for those CPs:

27) West Fork Morgan Creek: 44,42.575 N,-114,19.738 W to 44,45.419 N,-114,21.194 W
28) Furnace/Van Horn Creek:
44,45.419 N,-114,21.194 W to 44,47.443 N,-114,20.538 W
28) Alder Creek: 44,47.443 N,-114,20.538 W to 44,48.274 N,-114,15.715 W
30) Corral Creek: 44,47.150 N,-114,14.764 W to 44,50.681 N,-114,14.173 W

There are two 28's so I made the Alder Creek #29 of course.

The starts of all CP sections are named after the CP numbers: "CP30"
The finish of all CP sections is marked the same except an x is added: "CP30x"
If you are using a Garmin device or basecamp then you should see the start of all CP sections marked with a green triangle, and the end marked with a red square. Like play and stop buttons. If it is a single CP, rather then a section, then I have marked it with a green star.

My guess is you either still have some of the old CPs loaded in basecamp, or the overlapping waypoints are causing the confusion. Please let me know what you do figure out as I am interested in making sure this is correct.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #38
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

Ok. When I deleted your old "list" in basecamp I think it kept the data in the database and refuses to replace wps with the same name when I import the new gpx. Ill delete the waypoints and data directly and then reload the gpx.

birdcool screwed with this post 07-24-2014 at 08:36 AM
Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #39
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

That delete issue was the problem. Delete key doesn't even work the same. I had to right click and select delete. Then I was prompted that it would be deleted from all lists and only then the new import had correct CPs when reloaded.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:46 PM   #40
pizzaforbreakfast OP
Adventurer

Quote:
That delete issue was the problem. Delete key doesn't even work the same. I had to right click and select delete. Then I was prompted that it would be deleted from all lists and only then the new import had correct CPs when reloaded.

I am glad to hear it was only an issue with Basecamp. I know I have had my issues with it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:51 AM   #41
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
Just a Quick heads up,I rode a small section of T-3 ( from Priest River to HWY12) on my way home from riding a section of the CDR last week The Quad trail 3 1/2 miles North of hwy 12 is blocked by 3 down trees. Maybe three guys on dirt bikes could heave there bikes over. but I doubt a solo guy could. I think that at that point in the route, T-1 and T-3 are the same track. I was working my way South and by the time I chased out a few roads with no luck I had to backtrack to a road that dropped me out on the highway 16 miles East of Syringa. I had 330 miles from my last fuel stop in Wallace.
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:55 PM   #42
Jungle Man
frenzied adventurer

Oddometer: 406
^^^hmm... sounds like plenty of opportunities for a guy with time on his hands to earn a couple points for trail maintenance! Thanks for the heads up.
"If you're too busy to hunt and fish, you're too busy"
Jase-Duck Dynasty
Jungle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #43
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

I cleared windy ridge trail on the t1 on the july 31st, which sounds like the trail he may be referring since it ends at the lolo motorway. But it is single track, not for quads? He posted on 8/5 and said his ride was "last week".
Old 08-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #44
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,283
Quote:
I cleared windy ridge trail on the t1 on the july 31st, which sounds like the trail he may be referring since it ends at the lolo motorway. But it is single track, not for quads? He posted on 8/5 and said his ride was "last week".
The trail going north from Road 500 (Lolo motorway)? We are going to use it next week. Plan is to take FS 103 from FS 500 then turn right on Windy Ridge Tr back to 500 and on to Powell.

Countdown screwed with this post 08-12-2014 at 04:48 PM
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #45
birdcool
Gnarly Adventurer

Trail north from 12 mile saddle on lolo motorway. Number 164/165/167 I think.