Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,013
Can You Believe It?

Yesterday gas was $2.29. I was out today and:

I posted this on facebook and someone responded that gas was $1.98 just across the state line.

Who would have thunk it?

Makes me wish I had a gas hog so I could save lots of money

klaviator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
Rugby4life
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
$1.98 in SC also. I heart fracking.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
FinancialRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
You guys are lucky I pay $2.79 in Socal But now I can spend that extra dollar for lottery tickets
https://www.youtube.com/user/FinancialRider
http://instagram.com/financialrider
FinancialRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 945
$2.09 at Sams Club in Houston yesterday but not 3 miles away in a posh neighborhood I saw $2.99. I never could understand how that Shell station stays in business.
Buddy 125
Ride reports: My Blog
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:53 PM   #5
balnobbers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
It's the same here . About 2.00 a gallon put about 1.50 in the zuma indicated a half a tank lotto ticket here I come
balnobbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,724
i am trying not to get used to it, or make too much of it. god knows the powers that be, the greedy, and the fearful will see it soar up once again. i will enjoy it while i can, this commoner
Old 12-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #7
CaptnJim
Scootist

Oddometer: 1,195
With the tank size and the great mileage I get with my scooter, this is mostly a psychological victory. Fortunately, diesel prices have come down, too... not as low as gas, but I sure notice the difference when I fuel up my truck!

On the bright side, I'm still saving $$ by using the scoot for errands and getting more smiles per gallon.

Jim
Old 12-19-2014, 03:32 PM   #8
StingerCo
Mid life crisis #2

Oddometer: 86
Enjoy it while you can.....it's all very political and as we all know, IT AIN'T GONNA LAST!
Old 12-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #9
Dan V.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Certainly nice for us to see the price drop. I am concerned that since the US has outproduced the rest of the world, the Mideast producers who essentially control the price will continue to lower the price until it is not economical for us to get it out of the ground.

There will be big repercussions in our oil industry, stock markets, and economy if the price of crude stays low. Every coin has two sides, lets enjoy the bucks in our pockets while it lasts. Some local stations have been below $2 per gallon.

(Hope this isn't pushing the boundaries of CS&M. I don't want a vacation )
Old 12-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #10
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

its ok, Dan V. i suppose all the "let the free market" work oil business folks will just have to let the free market work =]

careful what you wish for....

/takes vacation
Old 12-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
StingerCo
Mid life crisis #2

Oddometer: 86
There's no love between the Saudi Oil Cartel and the Russians. I think the Saudi's want to see Putin's oil business go haywire. Without oil income Russia has even bigger problems than they do now.

The shame of it is what Dan V. said about two sides of the coin. In my business there are price increases every year and always blamed on oil. It's in almost every part and textile that goes into making the items I sell. Not to mention the freight surcharges on shipments due to high gas prices....but do you think that all those other things would have dropped a bit by now? LOL...no way. In reality, low oils prices should result in more disposable income and which relates to more spending power for the ordinary shmuck. Yeah, right!

Like I said, it's so political and you really realize what small cogs in the wheel we are in this country that is run by oil companies, banks, insurance companies, Corporate America and Wall Street.

Enjoy it while you can, it won't last very long.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:44 PM   #12
Roland44
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerCo View Post
Enjoy it while you can.....it's all very political and as we all know, IT AIN'T GONNA LAST!
Any predictions on how long it will last?
Roland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #13
Wentwest
How's that work?

Oddometer: 576
I see it as a buying opportunity. If you've got your eye on a used scooter, the combination of cheap gas, winter and Christmas should make it a buyers market!
Wentwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #14
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingerCo View Post
There's no love between the Saudi Oil Cartel and the Russians. I think the Saudi's want to see Putin's oil business go haywire. Without oil income Russia has even bigger problems than they do now.

The shame of it is what Dan V. said about two sides of the coin. In my business there are price increases every year and always blamed on oil. It's in almost every part and textile that goes into making the items I sell. Not to mention the freight surcharges on shipments due to high gas prices....but do you think that all those other things would have dropped a bit by now? LOL...no way. In reality, low oils prices should result in more disposable income and which relates to more spending power for the ordinary shmuck. Yeah, right!

Like I said, it's so political and you really realize what small cogs in the wheel we are in this country that is run by oil companies, banks, insurance companies, Corporate America and Wall Street.

Enjoy it while you can, it won't last very long.
i here ya'. i remember when gas went to $5 a gallon and the talk was how the cost of EVERYTHING needed to go up. maybe it did on some things, not on others, who knows? what i did notice was food and the items i get at the supermarket. prices oft times go up and down there, for various reasons, i guess. but what i noticed with the gas prices thing was prices didn't go up...sizes went down. i was paying the same and getting less. that 20oz dishwashing soap was now 17.5oz and my half gallon frozen yogurt i love so much was reduced to....smaller. don't ask me how much smaller, but there it remains

do you think THEY will make it bigger, now? will i ever get my full 64oz of frozen yogurt again? nope, i will not. and the price of that "smaller" has gone up since! will i get a price drop now? i will not.

i am nearly 50 and i have had it. i spent the better part of my life thinking about money, bills, the economy, politics, all that stuff, but no more. i have had it and do not care. i will always be ok

worst case scenario for me is i retire whenever that is in Mexico near the beach with a couple of motorcycles and a little mexican maiden, of sorts. and the important part of that are the motorcycles. i already live in sunny SoCal so it won't be much a change

i do not give a crappola about any of it. like the song says "i'll never be a royal." and i'd rather ride then anything the royals do, anyway. much less want or envy what they have

$10 a gallon gas? bring it on. i'ma get an electric bike, mofo's
Old 12-19-2014, 08:42 PM   #15
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,861
In canada Edmond Alberta it's now 79 cents a L or 3.8 x that per for usa gallon. We haven't seen it that cheap in 15 years I think