User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2010, 02:09 AM   #1501
HyperPete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Oz Winter.. nice

Just a short ride this morning, middle of winter I took off in sunny 12C but that soon changed as I climbed up past 1200m where it fogged and drizzled.
Still a fun ride, here's a few memories..

Love that Nexus!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #1502
Ragnar_Mike
Scooter Noob

Oddometer: 35
Some pics of my new Beo 200.

When the scoot got here, I was surprised that they didn't install the factory windscreen, which is a bummer. If I want it I have to go back to the store and they'll take care of it for free. That's ok for now, but a bit inconvenient.

Discs front and back, which is great. I'm not a fan of drum brakes just from a geek standpoint, so that's a welcome addition.

Underseat storage is ok. If you have a small head then it would probably fine, I feel like a medium helmet, even a fullfaced would fit just fine, but my large (specifically rounded rather than egg shaped) 3/4 helmet won't even try to fit, so I'm gonna have to get a top case if I wanna keep my helmet with the scoot. I was planning on doing this anyway, but I was also planning on getting a full faced nicer helmet once my school loans get processed and keep the 3/4 under the seat for unexpected passengers.

It's got an accessory plug for phones or light or whatnot. It's nice to have, but I'm probably going to have to get a trickle charger as it is. Supposedly the alternator doesn't even really kick in until 3k revs, so if I'm just going to school and back in traffic, I'm gonna have trouble keeping it full of juice. Oh well, I guess that's and excuse to ride around more. =)

The dial cluster is nice. The speedo is kp/h biased but everything is great. I believe the two hard to read indicators on the bottom left are for the blinkers and high beam. Right under the cutout switch is a mode button for the lcd screen. I set the clock without reading the manual, so it's easy enough to figure out. No alarm, but you can cycle through 4 modes on the right side: Odo, Trip Odo, Ambient Temp (The screen also gives you a frost warning at like 39 degrees) and Battery level.

The door to the glove box is plastic, that doesn't bother me too much, but so is the lock. I think there's a metal lock in the under seat storage, but I assume that's a spare ignition lock. I'll double check next time I go down.

Ragnar_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #1503
emmettken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,901
Nice scoot Ragnar_Mike!
emmettken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #1504
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,111
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar_Mike
It's got an accessory plug for phones or light or whatnot. It's nice to have, but I'm probably going to have to get a trickle charger as it is. Supposedly the alternator doesn't even really kick in until 3k revs, so if I'm just going to school and back in traffic, I'm gonna have trouble keeping it full of juice. Oh well, I guess that's and excuse to ride around more. =)

Here's a thought- If you end up parking this outside at school all day how bout a compact solar battery charger that plugs into your accessory socket? It looks like there are a number of these around for under $50.

It would be an eco friendly way to keep it charged, and they don't like like any hassle.

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Dabears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #1505
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

And Duh, awesome Beo by the way! Looking forward to ride reports.

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Old 08-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #1506
Ragnar_Mike
Scooter Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabears
Here's a thought- If you end up parking this outside at school all day how bout a compact solar battery charger that plugs into your accessory socket? It looks like there are a number of these around for under $50.

It would be an eco friendly way to keep it charged, and they don't like like any hassle.
I'm gonna have to figure somehting out. The parking at my school is covered so solar would be tricky unless I parked in the secondary lot which have an uncovered section. Also it's downtown Hollywood so I would be weary of just leaving a solar panel sitting on my seat while I'm in class. I have no experience with chargers of any sort. It seems like I can run some leads from the battery to someplace more daily use friendly instead of popping open the access panel all the time? I need to figure out if I have an outlet nearby.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #1507
Dabears
Beastly Adventurer

Ok then, solar probably isn't a good idea. Get yourself a Battery Tender Jr. They're small, and they come with a battery cord with SAE connector, so that you simply install it and forget it. When you want to charge just plug the charger into that connector and your good to go.

Mine gets kicked around in the garage, and has never given me a lick of trouble. They are sold all over or online.

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender.../dp/B000CITK8S

2012 SYM HD200 Evo
2006 R1200GS
1980 Vespa P200E
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #1508
JEDI 2.0
Not From Star Wars

Oddometer: 81
the raddest before/after of a scooter you will ever see:

before:

after
JEDI 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #1509
windburn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,171
This ride just makes me happy

windburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #1510
Ragnar_Mike
Scooter Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEDI 2.0
the raddest before/after of a scooter you will ever see:

before:

after
Thos tires a sweet, Jedi. And I love the ghetto foot pegs. "I don't need no stinking floorboard!"
Old 08-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #1511
BlueRidgeRuckus
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
just finished some mods on my ruckus.. so took it on the parkway the other day.. here are some pics of the ride..

BlueRidgeRuckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #1512
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,310
Shamlessly stolen off of a local scooter forum.

The guy took it on his way home from work the other day.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:50 AM   #1513
ColinDoyle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
I had the wheels powdercoated and got some new tires... looks like a little motard bike now. It has a 10" front wheel and a 12" rear... the old tires were the same diameter, so the front sidewall was super tall. Looked goofy. The new tires are 140/70-12 rear and 130/70-10 front.

OLD:

NEW:

Loves me some Ruckus.

ColinDoyle screwed with this post 08-13-2010 at 12:07 PM
ColinDoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #1514
JEDI 2.0
Not From Star Wars

Oddometer: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar_Mike
Thos tires a sweet, Jedi. And I love the ghetto foot pegs. "I don't need no stinking floorboard!"
Thanks! the tires are Kenda K413s, 100/90/10 I believe. .. i LOVE em, on my 2nd rear tire already! . ...
JEDI 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #1515
ColinDoyle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 723
Same tires I'm using.