Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 01:07 PM   #2131
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underboning View Post
Here is me and my Symba crossing the [FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=3]Tungabhadra River north of Hampi, India.
Great pic! Report of adventures?
Old 12-29-2011, 01:52 PM   #2132
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by MODNROD View Post
Great pic! Report of adventures?
He's had a ride report going since August: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716979

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:33 PM   #2133
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 PM   #2134
CDNbiker
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
He's had a ride report going since August: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716979
And a great ride report it is. It's like reading a book. I look forward to each update. Around the world on a Symba. Now that's an adventure!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #2135
MODNROD
Perpetual ponderer

Oddometer: 2,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNbiker View Post
And a great ride report it is. It's like reading a book.
Absolutely, and a ripper read it would be too! I just read the thread start to end, what a ride!

Hey Underbone, travel books are really popular, they sell very well. An Aussie guy who writes about his Vespa travels through Tuscany and Italy has sold truckloads.
You have a best seller in the wings.......
Old 12-30-2011, 09:34 AM   #2136
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNbiker View Post
And a great ride report it is. It's like reading a book. I look forward to each update. Around the world on a Symba. Now that's an adventure!
I've been following their journey from the start. I thinks it's as great adventure not only because they're doing it on Symbas, but also because they are doing it as a couple. How often do you hear about a husband and wife riding around the world together?

I think they're headed to Nepal. It will be interesting to see how the little bikes perform in the Himalayas.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #2137
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
I've been following their journey from the start. I thinks it's as great adventure not only because they're doing it on Symbas, but also because they are doing it as a couple. How often do you hear about a husband and wife riding around the world together?

I too am enjoying and following their adventure , but to tell you the truth traveling around the world on a Symba with my wife is not some thing I would attempt . I'm going to be nice and not say why , in other words no wife or Chinese scooter jokes .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:59 AM   #2138
HyperPete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Thumb Cool Oz summer

Our summer down under has been cooler than norm, but sunny days are riding days...so I did a 400 km loop thru my local New England area, started in sunny 21c, hit 26c midway then down to 12c by the time I got home in a bug ~splattering sunset :)

:) :)
Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #2139
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post

I too am enjoying and following their adventure , but to tell you the truth traveling around the world on a Symba with my wife is not some thing I would attempt . I'm going to be nice and not say why , in other words no wife or Chinese scooter jokes .

TheReaper!
I wouldn't do it either, but I am enjoying reading about their adventure anyway. I think what they are doing is great, even if I wouldn't do some of the stuff they are doing. I would venture to say that nobody reading their thread will ever ride around the world on a small scooter/bike with their spouse but they still have a pretty good following.

Of course, many of us are just jealous because we don't have wives even remotely interested in doing anything like this.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #2140
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,437
Quote:
I wouldn't do it either, but I am enjoying reading about their adventure anyway. I think what they are doing is great, even if I wouldn't do some of the stuff they are doing. I would venture to say that nobody reading their thread will ever ride around the world on a small scooter/bike with their spouse but they still have a pretty good following.

Of course, many of us are just jealous because we don't have wives even remotely interested in doing anything like this.
I had one once that probably would have. She had her own motorcycle but did not wait for me to come back from Vietnam.

I replaced her with this one. She is not into motorcycles or scooters. Oh well.....

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:32 PM   #2141
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
I had one once that probably would have. She had her own motorcycle but did not wait for me to come back from Vietnam.

I replaced her with this one. She is not into motorcycles or scooters. Oh well.....

That "she didn't wait" story was pretty common back then . My brother lost his high school sweet heart . the only girl he ever dated . Ya know what ? He was never the same again , he eventually did get married but it didn't last long . That war screwed up a lot of people , I read that 300,000 vets eventually committed suicide . Looks like you did OK .

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #2142
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,437
quote..
Hey, aren't you one of the BeeGees?
--------------------------------------------------------
I wish. I did play in a rock band in the mid 60s. We were an average garage band thats about it.

The misses is an accountant with a masters degree. I did OK even if shes not into scooters. She don't care that I am..

Yeah the war was hell, screwed up a lot of people. I was lucky to get back home.

I was in the 3/5 Cav. I shot an M60 machine gun. This was at firebase Bastogne a few clicks east of Hamburger Hill in the A Shau valley.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969

hexnut screwed with this post 12-30-2011 at 07:45 PM
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #2143
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

I can't complain. My wife dosn't complain about my toys or my riding. Occasionally she comes with me.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 PM   #2144
njd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,122
Thank you for your service. Ride safe.
njd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #2145
Underboning
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Quote:

I think they're headed to Nepal. It will be interesting to see how the little bikes perform in the Himalayas.
We will be interested to see how they perform, too! I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the RR and our journey as much as we are. I will say that Re is a special woman, despite some hard days and close calls she still looks forward to the ride every time we head out. Oh, and not to get this thread off-topic - a scooter picture.

Our bikes at a police checkpoint in Namibia
Underboning is offline   Reply With Quote