ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #16
shrubitup
Uncouth Sloth

Oddometer: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7MDL View Post
Hi Tom,

Yep, riding again, first time on the trails in over a year. Unfortunately it was a short lived freedom. The TE450 cooling fan could not keep up with the heat and each time we stopped to let it cool down, the fan drained the battery eventually, so no electric start later in the ride. Kick started it many times. Later on it resulted in a pulled right calf muscle. It was a huge kick in the back of the leg feeling, I thought the kick start lever wacked me on the rebound in the back of my calf at the top of my boot.

I can carefully hobble around, no visible bruising so far, but very sore to touch and flexing, so maybe I will get lucky and have a fast recovery. So no riding for several weeks probably. It was fun while it lasted. Had a good fun clean ride with Dan. I will probably get out in the Jeep instead as I can still drive fine.
Ouch! By the time you recover the heat will have left and all will be good. Good to see two Husky's lined up there. You prolly need a Husky two stroke for those hot summer days now. I got mine and it's good - a big bore 300cc version.

Sorry about your leg but glad you got out there this summer.
shrubitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
kwisn
One Happy Dog

Oddometer: 8,460
K7MDL, stop in and say hi when you're in Bellingham. I'm at the marine store next to USCG and Anthony's. Ask for Keith.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #18
K7MDL
TE450, TE610

Oddometer: 1,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwisn View Post
K7MDL, stop in and say hi when you're in Bellingham. I'm at the marine store next to USCG and Anthony's. Ask for Keith.
Will be up there later today and tomorrow, I will stop in an look for you.
K7MDL is offline   Reply With Quote