Hey scooter fans, Just wanted to report in on my latest project...well, actually my first restoration project. I picked up this sweet little Honda Passport C70 last week for $150 after seeing a Craigslist ad on my way to visit some family...didn't expect much, but the seller was pretty flexible and the scooter had all the parts and pieces (minus mirrors). With 6800 miles, last registered in 1989 and not knowing the last time it ran, the PO wasn't much help, but I've found a lot of resources online and some pretty affordable parts at dratv, and fortunately he had been smart enough to put a new 6v battery in before unsuccessfully trying to bring it back to life...so I loaded it in the back of the truck, surprisingly it fit with the camper shell on it! After the family visit and everybody saying..."well now, that's a project..." I got home, made a make-shift workbench, and took a few "before" pictures: Then started the process of getting it running. To be honest, I've never embarked on a project like this before. I've done the basic maintenance on my BMW F650gs Dakar, and maintain 29 boats (combination of motorboats and sailboats) but haven't ever tried a full on project like this. Got the oil drained and refilled, changed the spark plug, drained the gas and cleaned the tank...looks almost new inside now. Got it started using starter fluid but gas wasn't getting into the carb. Good news is the headlight works as do the blinkers (though the rear ones are smashed so there's no blinking) but it seems like everything electrical is working minus the electric start. Once I get it running and tuned I'll delve into that. Took the carb off and started taking things apart and cleaning. Got it all pulled apart and put back together, still no gas in there. After a couple more cleanings, decide to just get one from dratv while I continue to play with the oem one. Missed the mailman today, so I'll go pick it up tomorrow at the post office (btw, their shipping was super fast!). Tomorrow I'll install the new carb along with new fuel lines and put some fuel filters in the lines before the petcocks (not sure why this wasn't stock with such a tiny, sensitive carb). Hopefully getting it running tomorrow and then we'll see what happens next. The plan is to get it running and tuned, then registered, then cosmetically cleaned up. I've been torn between trying to go OEM restoration, but I'm kind of sick of all the people doing that and then trying to sell theirs on craigslist for $1600+. I'm thinking of keeping things close, but making it mine. I didn't get this for its resale value, I got it for the project and to putz around on. This thread will likely go through phases up updates with pauses in between as this is a learning process and work is going to start getting busy soon, but I'll try and update as much as possible, with as many pics as possible. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or suggestions, feel free to contribute. Thanks!