Well I've have a few good runs on my recently purchased 1985 XL600R, but it's time now to take her to the fire hall work shop, where it will undergo a winters worth of fixing, upgrading, painting, adjusting, and polishing, in preparation for it's planned voyage to the Trans Lab Hwy among other places in the coming riding season. After I found the bike wouldn't start a few days ago, I decided that there's no time like the present to start the rebuild, although I didn't intend to start until the snow was down, and the riding season came to a end, I figured since it had a electrical problem, I might as well start the restoration now. And here it begins. . enjoy the pics and rebuild, I will be updating this as the restoration progresses. Day 1: November 22/09 The bike in it's initial condition. overall not too toooo bad, but in serious need of a restoration. And here is what I've been at today. Step 1: get the bike running again before I strip it down to the frame. Engine cover removed, and stator and attacked pickup coil(pulse generator) taken out to be tested (which it failed) and for it to be repaired/replaced. One broken bolt, which I fought with for a 1/2 hr or more, but in the end, it decided to twist off anyways, I expect this to be the first, but not the last. The ole guy stopped in with his meter to test the resistance values of the stator and pickup coil, confirming it to be the problem.