In November of last year, I made a trade with a guy on CL...I traded him an '85 Honda Nighthawk for the RM and some cash. I needed a winter project anyways... Here it is when I first got it. I started out with a very minimal budget for cleaning this up. Having 3 kids and an unemployed wife makes it difficult to throw alot of money at a toy. I tore the bike down in an afternoon. Most of it filled a Rubbermaid tub. I had a buddy sandblast the frame for me. I had intended on powdercoating the frame but, I just didn't have the budget for it so, I used some paint that I had in my garage that closely resembled the old Suzuki blue. Primed and painted... I spent some time cleaning up the aluminum...they aren't perfect but, they look much better than they did. After paint and cleaning up the parts, it was time to start assembling. Thankfully, the engine was fairly fresh, runs great and has tons of compression. It just needed a wipe down to get rid of a little grime. I had to replace the fork seals and clean them up a bit but, everything was in pretty good shape considering its age. Thank god for Ebay...I was able to replace many of the smaller parts cheap like chain rollers, missing hold down straps, handlebars, grips, etc...it saved me a bunch of money from buying retail. The fenders needed replacing since the rear was original and chewed up and the front was the wrong shape and color. I bought repop fenders from DC Plastics which were listed as "2nds" but, they looked perfect to me. At $25 bucks a piece, I couldn't complain. The rear is actually for an 81-83 RM so, I had to make a minor modification to get it to fit. The front number plate is NOS but, it's white so, I am on the lookout for a proper yellow one. The radiator shrouds are stock and in good shape. I just need to buy replacement decals. The rear number plates still need replacing but, I have yet to find any good deals on those yet. I cleaned up the original rear and will probably use those until I can afford to buy new ones. The wheels are in good shape but, the tires are shot. I managed to get a really good deal on tires that were on closeout. The rear is a Cheng Shin and the front is a sand tire but, it was only $21 bucks so, I figured I would give it a try... The rear shock was blown so, I sent it out to Works Creations for a fresh rebuild. I am still waiting on it to be returned so I can finish putting most of this back together. I'll be replacing the seat cover this weekend and other misc things. I won't be doing any racing with this. Just some fun riding with my son. I'll post more pics once I get further along.