I finally got the ambition to tear apart my bike and prep it for year, and years to come. Stock seller photo Backstory: Got the bike in 2009 with unknown knowledge of miles, wear and tear, or anything. The bike did have the uncorking done to it though. The first summer i took it to Colorado for my 6 week internship and had a blast up there, remember, i'm from eastern South Dakota where there are only two types of roads, gravel and paved. Later that year (2009) the engine started getting louder and louder, ticking sound up top. I read this is normal of the bike and ignored it. I took very good care of the bike maintenance wise, but i think the bike was wearing out. Winter 2009/2010 took the head cover off and discovered a disaster, rockers and stock cam were destroyed. Rockers Toast So in went the Hotcams Stage 1 along with all new parts in the head cover. Keep in mind this is winter now and in Iowa (i moved for a few years) so after Install i managed to break in the cam properly in an open field behind our apartment. Spring came and got to riding more and the bike never performed properly. like jetting was way off or something. i struggled with it all summer long and barely rode the damn thing. Well i thought for sure a mikuni TM40 would remedy this, So i bought one up and stuck that baby in there and no go. dang. but it did run better! so i rode it, it would die at stoplights and stumble, but i was riding it. Only got to ride it for about a month in 2010. 2011, Moved back to South Dakota. I rode it to work for quite a while in 2011, but it was always raining, so not that much really. 2012, we bought a house so i got a three stall garage to work on all my projects! a guy at work mentioned that it sounds like a timing issue, well after it took two tries to get the head cover to seal properly, i wasn't too keen on taking it off again, but i did, OH what do you know, when i installed the cam somehow it had slipped a tooth and the timing was off!! the rest of 2012 was good, the bike burned some oil, but not too bad. then it got worse, i have a 18 mile commute total everyday, and i rode it everyday after i fixed the timing for about a month, then it started drinking more oil, about a quart in a weeks time. that's a quart every 90 miles roughly. not good, but i took it to the western side of the state for a weekend with my cousin and had a blast. And Now: Wednesday i started tearing down bike top end. I wanted to tear it all down so i could figure out what i need and make one large parts order instead of several and paying more for shipping. I went out on a limb and got a standard bore standard compression Wiseco piston because it was on sale for $110 and i thought it was a steal. so i snagged it. Here are some dis-assembly pictures thus far. Bore is smooth and no signs of wear (i think standard bore piston will be just fine) Intake ports Exhaust ports (both look similar) All cleaned up Cleaned up good enough for now as new valves will be installed. Intake Left Side Intake Right Side Exhaust Right side Exhaust Left Side Right Exhaust Valve Left Exhaust Valve Right Intake Valve Left Intake Valve This is all i have done so far. I anticipate this build to take several months because my wife and I are trying to get out of debt (only cars left) so we can start a family, so I only get and see $200 every two weeks, and I drive a Dodge Hemi, so half of that goes toward fuel every pay period. I'll do my best to keep this all updated and i will have some questions as i progress along. i'll take some measurements this weekend of all the parts and post them later. Any Tips/Suggestions/Comments are welcomed! Wish me Luck!!