Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by The Jinx, Jul 2, 2012.
What a bunch of idiots at BMW marketing - F700GS?!?
Idd, why not keep it simple and call it the f800gs and the f800gs adv ...
I put the full Tech brief here - http://www.mcnews.com.au/2013_Bikes/BMW/BMW_F700_F800GS/BMW_Motorrad_F700GS_F800GS.pdf
Images here - http://www.mcnews.com.au/2013_Bikes/BMW/BMW_F700_F800GS/index.htm
They reduced the area and angle of attack of the beak......
....certain disaster on the freeway......
Yeah, yeah...I know...naughty corner.
But in all seriousness, have they changed anything mechanical...or addressed the minor issues such as the shock bolts...ethanol proofed the fuel system...done anything with the front end...
But they paid for retooling for the plastics.
Oh well, that's something...yeah?
It looks like if I want an F900GS I will have to build my own ... oh well, that could be fun !
Sounds mostly cosmetic updates. The beak looks more streamlined with the bike.
ESA and ASC for 800 too. Summary.
Overview of new technical features:
• Increased output and torque in the F 700 GS as compared to predecessor model: 55 kW (75 hp) at 7,300 rpm (F 650 GS: 52 kW [71 hp] at 7,000 rpm).
• The latest generation of BMW Motorrad two-channel ABS as standard.
• Double disc brake system at front - now also for F 700 GS.
• Automatic Stability Control ASC (ex works option).
• Electronic Suspension Adjustment ESA (ex works option).
• Rear spring mount can be adjusted via optimised handwheel.
• Newly designed body features in a more dynamic, masculine look.
• New paint finishes for the F 700 GS:
Red apple metallic, Ostra grey metallic matt and Glacier silver metallic.
• New paint finishes for the F 800 GS:
Kalamata metallic matt, Cordoba blue and Alpine white 3.
• New handlebar switch units and brake fluid containers, front.
• New handlebar clamp for F 700 GS.
• Cockpit with new dial faces for speedometer and engine speed display and an extended range of information.
• New windshield for F 700 GS.
• Smoke grey turn indicators and smoke grey LED rear light glass covering.
• Lowered suspension for F 800 GS (ex works option/special accessory).
• Power reduction to 35 kW (48 hp) (ex works option).
• Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91) (ex works option).
• Comfort seat now available as an ex works option too.
• Case carrier for Vario case now also available as an ex works option.
• New centre stand as ex works option.
• Comfort package: on-board computer, heated grips, case holder, centre stand (ex works option).
• Safety package for F 800 GS: ASC and ESA (ex works option).
• Safety package for F 700 GS: ASC, ESA, RDC (ex works option).
• LED auxiliary headlight for F 800 GS (special accessory).
• Enduro footrests, wide (special accessory).
I read through it and thought - oh boy, the anti ABS guys are going to flip when they see this.
More electronics, and still no interest in the "warranty fixes".
Can't see why not. The bigger pistons are available. The bigger barrels are too, although you could just get yours bored.
If you just made it an oversquare motor without stroking it there are benefits from that.
All the other parts are available new from Husqvarna.
Gives you something to look forward to when this one wears out.
Looks like they woke up and fixed the turn signals and kill switch!!! GH
I like new footpegs !
Make that two of us
I like it overall, interested in seeing the suspension upgrade with the available ESA. F700 looks good IMO and should be even more fun now.
Starting to look like the Tiger.
wow i am glad i bought the good looking duckbilled platypus
Nothing there that'll make me update my 09 F800GS. The ESA is interesting, I like it on my GT, but it'd be less expensive to do aftermarket suspension on my 09 than buy a 2013 just to get it.
First impression is pretty good! Not necessarily a fan off all the colour schemes, but you're not left without options...
Looks like that 4 extra horses now requires premium fuel.