Update It is always a great moment when you have been working on an old bike and you finally press the starter button and it fires and runs sweetly! Not even a hint of smoke from the exhaust or the slightest rattle from the engine! Thanks to a new float needle, that I had to give our Honda dealer my first born in exchange for, I have stemmed the flow of fuel from the overflow. A special mention goes to Horri a freind from New Zealand for his tip on using a strand of wire off a wire brush to clean the small hole in the pilot jet. I had searched my shed high and low looking for something to clean it with and completely overlooked the humble wire brush! I still havent used Brianhares CDI repair technique yet, it is on the to do list. It is still getting spark after I bashed the CDI with a screwdriver (another of Brians suggestions). I got the rear shock cleaned up and back in after greasing the linkage bearings and borrowed the seat off my other NX just to get an idea how she is going to look. I had a spare XR600 front guard kicking around, so I though I might go for the high guard look on this beast and do away with the fairing for that naked look. One of the exhaust cans has several rust holes in it, making it all but unrepairable, I couldnt believe my luck yesterday when I logged onto ebay and there was a set for sale in Sydney for $55.00! I grabbed those quick smart! Thanks to TB for offering to pick them up for me. I got it going and stopping so I couldn't help myself but take it for a test ride around the yard. I am happy with its progress so far considering I originally bought it as spare parts for my other NX. It is looking rough as guts though, it suits the Scrapheap theme though. I also mucked around with a few fairings I have kicking around in the shed. It makes her a little more presentable.