I had no problem with my stock sear except that I didn't like the cheesy cover. The '13s have fixed that. At 5'11 I had modest complaints about the buffeting that has been 86.3% alleviated with Aztec spacers and the Eagle Hiss flaps. I'll live with the other 13.7% by always wearing ear plugs. This is a common problem with almost all upright bikes of the class. They don't flow air as well as sports bikes or fully fared tourers, hence the shotgun approach to smoothing airflow. As a four season rider, my major problem is that weather protection in general isn't as good as a GS's is, but I hope it will be breezy and pleasant in summer by way of compensation. I recognized that going in and don't fault Ducati for that; it's the nature of this particular bike. Congrats to you and everybody else who has recently acquired an iteration of this thrilling machine. They are a blast to ride.