NOTE: I have postd the Heated Glove build on page 4 of this thread. (Original) Ok, so I had my finger on the button last weekend, the Confirm Order button. I had decided on a Gerbings heated jacket liner and T5 gloves. I had to look at the competitors one more time, then read a few more reviews, and, well you know the story. 5 hundred bucks aint no chump change to me! Well, I studied it so much that I realized, hell, I can build all of that! So here goes I found this wire on an ADV Rider post. Its .30 AWG with a high temp silicon coating. They call it hook-up wire (Hook a brother UP). I found it here http://www.mouser.com/Wire-Cable/Wire-Single-Conductor/_/N-5ggs?Keyword=83000&FS=True Its made by Belden, PN 83000-???. ??? represents color. I ordered a 100 foot roll for 25 bucks, plus 6 something for shipping. Living here in Bum Stuck Central Louisiana, theres not a lot of outlets for this type of thing. I went to Wally world and bought a nylon workout jacket. Really thin, and with a mesh liner, Perfect! The wire came in yesterday so with torrential downpours not making my scheduled ride out west look too appealing, I went to work. I started everything in the right corner. I meant to start in the left corner, but I got dyslexic when I turned everything inside out. I found a couple of conflicting wire resistance charts, giving 30 AWG between .103 - .105 ohms / ft. Wanting to be more precise, I thought Hey, I have a hundred feet of the stuff, Ill check it myself. I came up with .109, stupidly forgetting the impedance factor of 100 of wire being wound up in a 2 coil. Well, anyway Ill spare you all the gory details and fancy pants mathematics of it all (unless you really want it, and Ill post) but to give me the 80 watts of heat I wanted (3 more than Gerbins) I decided on 2 forty foot sections hooked in parallel. This made routing easier because pulling anymore and I would have given up. For anyone out there with ADD, don't even start this project, just run around thinking about it all day! Heres the first section installed. I ran the strands about two inches apart in the body, and six strands down each arm. On the far side (from the power cable) I ran one strand though the collar, and down by the zipper back to the power connection. Helpful hint* If you have one of those friends that majored in underwater basket weaving, employ their skills at all costs. This is some tedious crap. After the first side was complete, I was done. As a reward, I went and bought a bottle of rum and made myself Fru Fru drinks the rest of the night. This morning I got up early planning on riding to Monroe and Shreveport to hunt a new modular helmet, but the Fru Fru drinks still hadnt completely left my system so I went back to work on the liner. Here she is all wired up (Almost) On this section, I ran 2 strands though the collar (making 3 total). The collar doesnt fit too snug, but Im thinking of putting some Velcro on it. I put it on and plugged it in to my bike. 5 amps, perfect! He bile was only idling, and running around 13.8 volts. The jacket heated up nicely, and the collar felt like a heating pad on my neck. This is going to be SWEET!!! I soldered everything together and sewed / hot glued the main power cord to the hem of the liner. All there is left is run the wires for the gloves (next thread) and build the controller. And here she is!!!