Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Some Assembly Required' started by YZman, Feb 8, 2009.
I kinda had my doubts too. I was thinking it would snap but it was flexible enough to snap over.
YZman you might want to check this product out, http://www.nicindustries.com/clear_coatings.php
ceracote has a clear ceramic coating for polished aluminum that may be just what you need for your cases. A little spendy, but guys I know on the Steel Soldiers forum use it on their old military vehicles for somethings and swear by it.
Good looking work on the bike. First bike I ever rode was a BSA, way back in time.
...damn, that's some beauty work!
Looking good YZ, take a step or 2 step back and snap a photo for us will ya.
Nice work YZman.
Is that upper chain guide wide/strong enough to drill out an access/drain hole for the oil plug?
If he drills a hole in the guide and puts a spigot in the bottom of the oil tank he could have an automatic chain oiler.
Its a BSA. They have an automatic chain oiler built in.... Seriously. Little black tube on the LH side of the case at the back
Chain glide V2
there's also this stuff
This thing breath fire yet?? or R you just blowing smoke.
Probably not nearly as much fire as you were breathing on your drive back home
Holly Hell batman! Nuts and bolts gets expensive!
It's not economical to buy 1 or 2 nuts or bolts at a time. I go to fastenal and buy them by the bag,100 at a time. Much cheaper by the piece.
You'll do more progects in the future,no?
Oh agreed. Ill use them eventuly. Still dont make it feel any better paying the bill.
Got a new rear brake linkage in last night. And like everything else it doesnt work as delivered so I have more parts comeing (part of this order) to make it all play nice. It should look killer once done.
My coil brackets came in Wed, they look killer. They dont work either and will have to be re-worked. Hopefully tonight.
Should have some more picts up in the next few days once something note worthy starts happening.
And against my better judgment I rolled my next project onto the operating table (nothing like having 2 project going at the same time). 67 CT90. And wouldnt ya know it. The 1st new part I go to put on...dont work at all. Seat cover is wrong. Figures.
Sweet, so the work is now starting on the CT then, you know if you need that special part for the BSA you only have to ask and I will see if I can find it for you...
The CT is getting nothing more than a britening and replacing a handfull of broken bits. No frame off resto for that one. This is just going to be filler work for when Im stuck on the BSA waiting for more parts to come in. I dont think it will take long to get back to working order.
I think Im actually sitting pretty good on BSA parts right now. At least on british parts. What I need for it now is just custom stuff for my application and even that Is getting to the end of the list. But thanks for the offer. Ill keep it in mind if I get stumped.
Well all kinds of fun stuff going on this week. No pictures to speak of yet, Ill try tomorrow maybe.
Electronics panel finished and mounted
New parts for rear brake linkage have arrived, I started fabbing up parts for that :tb
Got a new rear drum brake stay made (bottom link that goes between the drum and frame)
Started fabbing up rear fender mounts
new horn and switch on the way
Lots and lots of Stainless hardware ariving...almost every day :ddog
Figured out what the outter valve cover bolts are. They are 5/16-24. Got some and went to bolt the cover on....and...it dont fit. The head Im using is not the stock head. Its a 650 twin carb (stock was 500 single carb) the outter valve cover bolt holes in the head are wider than the holes in the valve cover. Anybody got an idea what year head I have and what valve cover to look for? I have an email in to my BSA guru. Im sure he will know (and probably have a valve cover)
Thats about it for now. Ill try and get some picts up latter.
You just HAD to say you were "good" on BSA parts for a while, didn't you?
I was thinking the same thing.
I got an email from EV last night. Sounds like I have a 71-newer head and a 70-older valve cover. He is going to try and find the correct valve cover for me.
Got my coil brackets modified. These brackets are meant to bolt to dune buggy frames and you then bolt like your tach to it. Its 2 pc polished aluminum. The hole is 1.5. My coil was 1.59. We milled the center out on my neighbors bridgeport CNC mill. Sooo much easier than using a dremal and turned out killer.
Sorry for the crappy camera phone picts.
Ill get some pics of it installed later tonight maybe.
And here is the rear drumb brake stay fresh off the drill press complete with speed holes ready for polishing