Ok a short back story. I got this 82 XL500R two years ago. it smoked and used a lot of oil. I rebuilt that and got her running nice and road it the rest of last year. Well this year i decided it just wasn't right for me. but seeing as I'm broke what can i do. Well here is where the 98 XR400R comes in to play. See I bought it a year ago to rebuild and make a DS out of. Didn't happen. so here's my two bikes as i started. first the XL now the XR yes that is a whole XR400R in the trunk of a car. now I've added a few thing to the XL over the last year. i'll walk you through that now. In the rebuild it got a 10.5:1 comp. piston. that caused a bad Ping over half throttle. I dealt with it for a wile it was the first XR400R mod done to the XL500R. See the needle in a XL500R is not adjustable, but the one in the XR is. swap. no more ping, and more low end grunt to boot. WOOT. now a few pics of the other mods over the last year. First up was a rack from a 85 XR350. Next up the XR's aftermarket headlight. started with this. ended with this. added a bag from Walmart to the rack fun in the show. took a 350 mile trip 2 up with my youngest. that trip made me decide I needed more storage. So 25 bucks and the army navy store and some fab work from a local shop and we have this.