. Disclaimer: Any engineers & skilled / experienced metal workers may want to pop out & make a cup of coffee instead of viewing this post. It involves bad welding, work practices & judgement. I am not any of the above merely a simple man with a dream & a borrowed welder. Felt better today so got the tools out again & began designing & fabricating a sidestand for Schmidt. I had gathered a few bits of scrap metal from my sympathetic engineer customer. I wasn't sure exactly where I was going to start & it didn't seem to me logical to try to draw a diagram. This would be the prototype to see if it would actually work. I wanted to mount it off the front engine mount so cut up some rect box section I had no rod so made do with some 10mm hi tensile bolts. Luckily I kept some old electrical conduit I cut out of a house during the week & welded a spacer to the top of it. It's very quick & easy putting pics on the computerer. It took me hours of sizing things up to get to this stage. The mounting bracket sits on the front engine mount. It is designed so it rests against the frame when the stand is down. Jeez those welds look bad. I think they look worse in the pics than in real life...ahem... Anyway I got to the stage where it would support the bike at quite a good angle. That capnut spacer was supposed to be hitting the bolt but was a bugger to weld in place so was mistakenly dropped down the leg. You may notice the foot is a bit whoopsied. Unluckily I had no 10mm bolts to secure it in place so I put it back onto the centre stand until I get some for field testing. When it is retracted it seems to be sitting similarly in location as the stock. The hole in the leg is a couple of mm bigger than the bolt so twists abit however it is good to have the length on the mounting bolt in case I need to move the leg further out to accomodate it in retracted position. Later on I thought I should at least pretend to be a motorcycle rider & went to the forest for a quiet ride. I ended up munting my speedo drive cable. I took it off & had a proper looksie. Mmmmm metal snake like components, velly vell intelesting. Maybe it was my engineering achievements from this morning that prompted me, I dunno, but after looking closely at it & saw that nothing was broken just mangled I thought I may have a chance of repairing it. Imaging myself as a poor humble honest craftsman from a back street in Pakistan I got out the gas torch & before long had shaped this Back into this Alas I should have stopped there but I thought with a bit more gentle persuasion I could get it looking new again. Not to be. Too much heat & it broke off under its' own weight. I trimmed it & set it with some minute mend. - good stuff that- very handy. The snake slid back up ok so hopefully it should work. I was while riding secretly glad it broke so I could justify swapping the horrible lil trailtech unit (bought with a DRZ mount) onto snotso & put a neat lill Acewell round unit on Schmidt. However money is a tad tighter at the mo so that will have to wait.