I've been running an Ohlins rear shock for a couple years. It's the non remote res version. I decided to upgrade to the Nitron 3-way adjustable, remote res, Adventure shock with the hydraulic pre-load adjusted. I had Nitron built the shock with an extra 10mm of travel. At 3:1 swing arm ratio, I picked up 30mm (1 5/16") of travel to match the Shivered forks. I ordered some 26mm Oilites bushings to mount the new shock with the Indy upper shock mount mod. The bushings are back ordered and 2 weeks out. I'm not much for waiting on things so I decided to try a new approach to the upper bolt bending issue. Traced out the thick factory shock tab and cut a new one out: Welded it in place: Bridged the remaining gap and bolted it all together. We'll see how it holds up after the race: I don't have pillion pegs anymore so I'm not sure where I'll mount the preload adjuster. I'm not crazy about the res location, my boots rub on it. I'm concerned that the res will migrate in and mess up the compression adjuster on the sub-frame. The extended length shock and forks give me 11.75" ground clearance: Also give me a 39.5" seat height :eek1 Good thing I'm tall: The side stand is WAY short. Looks like a SideKicker needs to happen. Hopefully the shock performs as good as it looks.