Alot of truth in here.........Ural's

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by outfit, Jan 27, 2013.

  1. outfit

    outfit Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Oddometer:
    666
    Location:
    Orkney Isles
  2. drrider1

    drrider1 just running amuck

    Joined:
    May 4, 2004
    Oddometer:
    420
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    what he said:thumb
    #2
  3. on2wheels52

    on2wheels52 Long timer

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2006
    Oddometer:
    2,545
    Location:
    northern Arkansas
    " The left carb is wedged between the sidecar and the bike. Getting to it requires the skills of a contortionist India-rubber keyhole surgeon, a long-handled screwdriver and patience."

    I had mine off yesterday. A two minute job. Perhaps he exaggerates a bit.
    Jim
    #3
  4. el queso

    el queso toda su base

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2009
    Oddometer:
    783
    Location:
    colinas del norte, california sur
    He's in the UK, where the sidecar is on the left.
    #4
  5. outfit

    outfit Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Oddometer:
    666
    Location:
    Orkney Isles
    :thumb
    #5
  6. aussieotto

    aussieotto Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Oddometer:
    112
    Half way home from work bike stops with fuel pissing out of left hand carb overfow. A small piece of dirt got stuck in needle valve. 30 minutes later carb cleaned and on the way again.

    He is correct
    #6
  7. Marine By Choice

    Marine By Choice Sergeant 0311

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    Oddometer:
    199
    Location:
    Winlock, Washington
    It has been said that 93% of the Urals ever made are still on the road. The other 7% made it to their destination:evil
    #7
  8. MMC

    MMC The Burgermeister

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2004
    Oddometer:
    126
    Indeed - the chair's on the left:

    [​IMG] :freaky

    Makes French roundabouts fun though :D
    #8