Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by SOS, Oct 26, 2011.
yeah, that's a 36t, replaced the stock 33t. I had a 38 on it but ran out of gears to quick.
What's up front? 15? 17?
Are those the stock discs drilled? If so, do you notice any improvement in the performance? They look good.
I never rode the bike before I drilled the rotors, so I don't know, but I would think there would be an improvement in the rain, the stock front brake was notoriously poor in the wet. Drilled rotors help to remove water quickly. And, yes they are the OEM rotors.
Good to know. I added the second disc to mine and noticed some improvement over the single. I had both discs surfaced and am considering drilling after I take care of some appearance items, like tank dents, paint, decals, and seat.
It's really great seeing people into these bikes years after they where just a footnote in Yamahas history, keep at it guys!
Here's one from the "Old's Cool" thread, someone thought it was Twiggy on it.
Looks like the '74 that I enjoyed for 8 years. Great same color. Put a lot of miles on the old TX living in Texas. Nice to see them still around. Never saw any on the road even in the 80's, but there was one in a Houston motorcycle yard that I got parts from.
Here is my '73 that had sat in our barn for about 20 years.
Just planned on getting it running this year and ended up playing around with it a bit. Just a budget build to see if the engine would hold up this year.
Father by albaljeu, on Flickr
Looks nice-well done.
AWESOME!!!! Another one back from the grave!!!
Any before pics? Build pics?
Before and after pics can be seen on my tx750 Yamaha facebook page
I haven't been here in quite a while, but I'm taking mine home today to get some run time done.
There is a new TX750 forum that has been started. It is very new, but I thought some of you might like it.
My TX has been sitting in pretty much the same condition for a couple years now. I had to read the thread to see where I quit posting. Since then I modified the exhaust headers with extended straight pipes and baffels, adapted a Honda CB350 wiring harness and controls to the TX (I had them laying around), added a 1 amp-hr LiFePO4 battery under the seat. It always started and ran, but I never had a way to get it on the road.
Finally yesterday there was a local rat rod car show that we've been going to. The TX had never been on the road and I really had no idea if it would make it there, but it performed beautifully
The only issues I found was that the main jets need to be bumped up a touch as it flattens out around 50 mph and I need to reroute the oil tank vent line as it splashes out at higher speeds.
As of leaving the show last night the smoking had stopped and the plugs were burning tan
We'll see if it smokes when I start it up today.
I'm all legal now and it is my daily ride
Only 50 or so miles on it so far, but it is running beautifully, even if it resembles a turd
I just looked and it's been over 2 years since the last post. I was riding the TX for about a year off and on, but then it started killing batteries. Kinda of put her off to the side while we were busy with other things, but I adjusted the voltage regulator and just got her running the other night and now I'm waiting for the battery to finish charging and she'll be on the road again.