Brand new 990r (2012) - took it for its first ride and road on highway for about 15 minutes. Got off onto a side road and noticed that the temp gauge spiked up, got a red warning light and all bars of temperature on and flashing (aka: overheat). Pulled over, turned the bike off, etc. it did not feel hot nor could I smell anything burning apart from my new owner positive experience going down the tubes... Anyhow, friends helped me raise the front end nice and high, we opened up the radiator bleeder bolt at the top figuring air in the system but that didn't make any difference. The bike was cooled right down but upon start up, the same red light and flashing bars of temp were there. I noticed that despite indicating an overheat, the fan was not at all kicking on. I disconnected the temp sensor on the rad and jumpered the wires and viola: the fan turned but the warning light and all flashing bars have not disappeared. Do I have a faulty temp / fan control sensor? Does anyone know if that one sensor on the right side of the radiator control the fan AND send temperature signal / reading to the dash? Yes, I have warranty on the bike but I don't have a dealer that close to me and I want to ride tomorrow. I suppose I can leave my jumper wire in and run the fan the entire time I ride however... Anyone else experience this or similar? Thanks in advance - apart from this, the bike kicks-ass!