Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by BuilderScott, Mar 4, 2013.
Unfortunately, I've had a family obligation arise so this ride is cancelled.
Nice job Scott, you'll have to let us know how the conditions are. Have fun, let me know if you need anything.
Still a maybe on this one Scott, hoping my schedule will be a little more stable by then.
Are you still planning on a recon ride? Any idea when?
Scott looks like a fun ride, but Unfortunately I work that weekend. Its a crapshoot with me. I have every other weekend off. Are you going to be camping or moteling it?
No set plans but I'd like to get out there once prior to the ride and scope out elephant hill and Bobby's with the bike unloaded and just have some desert fun. End of April is too long to wait to get out there as I'm already chomping at the bit. How about the last weekend of March? Jim? Adam?
Last weekend in March works for me.
Am also checking on a few things, but I'm tentatively planning on camping at your support stop. I can schlep gas, water, whatever to help out. These busted bones don't sleep on the ground so good! If that appeals to anyone else, I'll be doing day rides from camp. I'll let you know as soon as my plans are firm.
I'm still planning on this ride, so count me in as one of the 6!
I have 2 bikes that will do the job, a WR450 (with a 6 gallon tank in the garage) and a KTM 690 Enduro. I want to try this ride with the WR, I think it will be more fun.
If you guy need help with the recon ride, let me know... I'd be game for that too.
Pat - Is this offer for for the end of March or the actual ride date? For the end of this month, I was thinking we'd camp down south and do a couple day rides. If you're offering to help out for the actual ride, this would definitely change the logistics some. And be muy appreciated.
My offer is to support your actual ride in April. I'm happy to help. I'll know for sure in the next couple days.
Keep me posted, last weekend in march may work out, we have got to catch up soon, im suddenly extremely busy with work ...
I volunteer to ride the 690 for you
OK Scott. Checked with the boss. I'm clear to support your April ride. I'm clear to do the recon rides in March too. (Planning on riding the WR) Yay! Looking forward to both!
We'll talk off line, but I'll be hauling the living quarter horse/toy trailer which is great for schleping stuff, but not great in off road conditions. We'll have to plan the meet up spot accordingly. Now I have a couple weeks to dig the "Taj" out of the snow and get it road ready!
Scott, I really interested in what you find in the section from Needles down to Natural Bridges, it's the one section that concerns me in regard to road conditions. Looking forward to hearing what you guys find in that area. PM me an e-mail address if you want the tracks & maps.
Major gumbo if wet.
Hand gets sliced up this Friday. I'm pretty tentative on joining the main event, but I'm going to wait three weeks post-op to make a call.
Fantastic! We can figure out a plan later this month while we're out there. Guess I need to take a trip out to Brighton radiator repair soon.
10-4. I originally wanted to do this mid April but Ben convinced me to wait because of the slop factor.