This is likely to be a very slow-moving chronicle of my little CM200 project. I picked the bike up last year for $200 from an inmate so that my wife could learn to ride. At some point a previous owner had painted most of the bike with a flat black rattle can, the instrument cluster was missing, the key was broken off in the ignition, and it needed a battery, but the PO said it ran fine. The first thing I discovered was that a new 6V battery would be crazy expensive, so I replaced it with a capacitor from Radio Shack. After that the bike fired right up and ran fine as advertised. It fit my wife pretty well, except even as low as it is her legs were just a little bit too short, mostly because of how wide the seat is. I needed a project anyway, so away we go. I want this to be a 555 bike, so everything possible will be scrounged or salvaged. So far I'm into it for $207 (purchase price plus capacitor). The ultimate goal is to have a stripped down little runabout, you know "for the wife". I wanted to check the valves, and while I was at it I stripped the paint off the cam cover and hit it with a nylon wheel on the bench grinder. No before pictures unfortunately, but here's the after: The gas tank is a little screwed up where the stock hinged cover has been ripped off so I was on the hunt for a new one. About that same time my uncle's son is cleaning out some junk and comes up with some unidentified chopper frame with a peanut tank. Score! But once I had the tank in hand I realized the tunnel would be way too narrow for the stamped steel backbone of the CM. So I'm just going to figure out a way to dress up the stock tank, but I had a Plan B for the peanut: You can see the remnants from the tank's previous tenants. I kept waiting for it to burst into flame as I was cutting. The seat pan will be a scrap of MDO waterproof plywood I had lying around. It needs some shaping yet, but I'm happy with the way the mockup looks so far. The one place I can see the budget getting blown is lighting. If anyone has suggestions for a low-buck solution for a taillight I'm all ears.