Ducati MultiStrada 1200

Discussion in 'Moto Bellissima: All Other Dualsports' started by Paulvt1, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    2,962
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    Not you, Turkish.....


    -SM
  2. Paulvt1

    Paulvt1 Long timer

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2004
    Oddometer:
    3,735
    Location:
    Wolverhampton. England.
    Oddly enough - i took the shit catcher off yesterday. Haven't managed any more miles since the first week. Really crap weather and work are combining to make running in a long winded affair.
  3. tonymorr

    tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2004
    Oddometer:
    2,565
    Location:
    Malta, NY
    I was pretty set on my first Ducati being red but IDK the silver looks pretty good. I think it's because the muffler, and belly piece are silver too. Might get less tickets with silver!


    [​IMG]


    [​IMG]
  4. AceRph

    AceRph Affluenza Free! Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2003
    Oddometer:
    24,730
    Location:
    Where the stupidest people on earth run things
    6-21-12
    08-21-2012
    09-15-2012
    09-20-2012
    Gotta a call from Wilson's on Friday. The DES error was fixed. Final diagnosis, shock ECU was bad. I picked the bike up yesterday. It works!! :clap

    As a bonus, I had a tailwind most of the way home. The bike showed 49.8mpg average at 65mph. Going riding today. :ricky

    [​IMG]

    Wilson's was great. I'll go back to them when the time comes for the 1st major service.
  5. Sock Monkey

    Sock Monkey 99% bullshitter...the other 1% is just lies

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2007
    Oddometer:
    2,962
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA, Earth
    Great to hear Ace! Glad you have your scoot back home. :thumb

    -SM
  6. bingbong

    bingbong Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Oddometer:
    964
    Location:
    Obidos, Portugal
    Crap weather here too :cry. and back to work for a couple of weeks now so no more riding for me. 600 miles are done so the first job when i get back will be the first service. hoping for some dry weather too.
  7. zvez

    zvez Adventurer

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2011
    Oddometer:
    88
    Been on the forum for awhile, this I think is my first post. Long time duc rider. Had 2013 mts base model on order but saw the mts gt this weekend at the atlanta cycle world show and changed my order. Tho I really would rather have red, the GT has all the goodies. The little changes I noticed. the new raise lower of the windscreen is so easy and can be done one handed while riding.

    So I'll be around picking up info. Trading my 05 wing, unfortunately the gts aren't slated to arrive in US til March.

    Also have a streetfighter and 1199.

    Chris
  8. zvez

    zvez Adventurer

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2011
    Oddometer:
    88
    The GT bike also has the top and side box liners (I'm not sure what they're called but they're luggage that fits the boxes. They were on the bike in Atl this weekend.

  9. bingbong

    bingbong Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2007
    Oddometer:
    964
    Location:
    Obidos, Portugal
    I got the liners/ inner bags with mine. They work fine, not BMW quality but plenty good enough.
    Sounds like you are amassing the perfect garage. Lucky man. :1drink
  10. gregdee

    gregdee Motocampist

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2011
    Oddometer:
    542
    Location:
    Tijeras, NM
    On the issue of luggage I see lots of discussion regarding the GT vs. the S Touring but no mention of any aftermarket panniers like Jesse. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket panniers available for the MTS1200?

    Twisted Throttle shows a picture with what looks to be aftermarket panniers but they don't seem to offer any. The Jesse Luggage site doesn't list anything for a Ducati.
  11. Gorilla King

    Gorilla King Dobar Skorz!

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Oddometer:
    42,008
    Location:
    High Desert
    yup
    http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/3301/Parts-Accessories-for-Ducati-Multistrada-1200

    haven't looked but I suspect Givi and Hepco & Becker do too.
  12. dsauer

    dsauer Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2005
    Oddometer:
    175
    Location:
    Golden, CO
    Touratech - http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/PN-620-ZEGA/Zega-Pro-Pannier-System-Ducati-Multistrada-1200
  13. zvez

    zvez Adventurer

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2011
    Oddometer:
    88
  14. Dave.0

    Dave.0 Been here awhile

    Joined:
    May 17, 2011
    Oddometer:
    978
    Location:
    north texas for now, sedona when I can get away
  15. KHVol

    KHVol Long timer

    Joined:
    May 21, 2004
    Oddometer:
    2,570
    Not sure this is mechanically possible but could you put in 6 springs or at least heavier clutch springs in order to achieve less slipper clutch effect ? I find myself wanting more engine braking heading into turns because the rear brake is non-existent.
  16. BeRadTheFish

    BeRadTheFish Movin' Out.

    Joined:
    May 15, 2006
    Oddometer:
    84
    Location:
    Fort Irwin, CA
    Bowing out for a while. 2011 in the flea market.
  17. tonymorr

    tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2004
    Oddometer:
    2,565
    Location:
    Malta, NY
  18. llamapacker

    llamapacker Mr. Conservative

    Joined:
    Oct 4, 2007
    Oddometer:
    1,578
    Location:
    Louisiana (North)
    My 2010 standard was no slouch out of corners from 4k or so also, and would lift the wheel pretty easy in 2nd out of turns. Big fun and also very addicting. Nothing new here, maybe more of it, that's all. Tall light bike with rider up high and plenty of torque spells, light front out of corners with the power on!
  19. tonymorr

    tonymorr Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

    Joined:
    Oct 10, 2004
    Oddometer:
    2,565
    Location:
    Malta, NY
    I ponied up a deposit on a 2013 MTS1200S Touring in Matt Silver :D

    Now.....gotta sell a couple of bikes.

    At least one.

    . lll
    . lll
    . lll
    . lll
    . V
    .
  20. Paulvt1

    Paulvt1 Long timer

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2004
    Oddometer:
    3,735
    Location:
    Wolverhampton. England.
    Mine is now covered in road shit and the rear has a double puncture.

    Other than that - no probs. :D