Well, i couldn't find my old thread from a couple of months ago to update... anyway, here's the story and the latest progress. Found 86 150D in garage where it had not seen the light of day since 1999. All there, pretty good shape, spark plug threads messed up. Bought it for $200, further messed up the spark plug hole in my haste and found a good used head on ebay for $75. Replaced head after having a bitch of a time getting the timing chain on the crank sprocket. Cleaned up the ports a little with my dremel also. Gas tank was a mess as you can imagine. Cleaned, flushed, etched and POR liner. Carb was gummed up too of course. Cleaned everything up, changed oil, added Uni filter, bought battery and fired it up! Whoo hoo- you know the feeling of bringing one back from the dead. The vacuum petcock would not shut off reliably so i did what i have done to almost every bike I have ever owned with a vacuum petcock- i added a shutoff valve made for lawnmowers. Had to cut a hole in the center panel but i think it looks OK. Here's some 'glamour' shots And here are my other small toys: a C70 passport (I added a 20mm Mikuni and had to add the same shutoff valve done many years ago) and a 1988 Yamaha DT50 water cooled dirt bike I bought for $125- it needed a top end job and fenders. Now it's a fun little play bike One more thing i did on the Elite. I was having cold start issues. Took out the bystarter and hooked it up to 12V and saw that it seemed to do what it is supposed to do (extend). So I put a thin washer under it to shim it up just a little and that seemed to do the trick. So far cold starts are good. Also, I have read that it takes 10 minutes or so for these things to fully extend, but mine only takes a couple of minutes, which should be long enough for the engine to warm up enough to not need it anyway. So..., wanted to say thanks for the help here and say that I enjoy all the posts. Safe scootering everyone!