For all veterans with a service connected disability:

Discussion in 'Americas' started by srpuywa, Jan 28, 2013.

  1. srpuywa

    srpuywa Big 'G'

    Aug 6, 2002
    Puget Sound, WA

    Access Pass

    For U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities.
    May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using this application form. The cost of obtaining an Access Pass through the mail is ten dollars ($10) for processing the application (the Pass is free). Applicants must provide documentation of permanent disability and residency or citizenship.
    May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launching, and specialized interpretive services.
    Generally does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.
  2. babarnette

    babarnette Been here awhile

    Aug 30, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    You can also get it for free at any national park. Just let them know at the gate before you pay to get in. It covers all National Parks, Museums, and Federal lands that charge an access fee. I took about 5 minutes to get mine after I told the ranger I was a disabled veteran.

    This is what mine looks like but other parks have pictures that are significant to the state where you get the pass.