Hello all. My riding partner called me over to help him work on his bike. It is a mint condition 1982 Kawasaki KZ750. Anyway, his battery died and he could't get it started with the kick starter. So he decided to jump it and he must've crossed polarity or something cuz he smelt burning plastic and disconnected it. before I did any thing I looked at the wiring and the black wire to the voltage regulator is fried. I'm hoping we can just change the wire and it be good. but If if changing VR is necessary it will be done. $22.95 on ebay. What else could be damaged? We haven't tried to start the bike, I told him we'll ask someone who knows more than us n00bs before we do anything.