Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by chiefrider, Oct 27, 2008.
Just looking at her photo, I'd take her any day over any of the women in Toxic Brittney
I agree, here's more of Gina....
That one did it! Thanks!
You'd have to catch her first!
Tom in Salem
Someone should lay off Sleazyrider or I'll be posting Mutha at her best.
I don't know why I never thought of her before now.
She used to appear in stories in all the bike magazines back then.
I remember three names of women road racers from the 70's and 80's: Carter Alsop, Nancy Delgado and Gina.
I don't remember who was considered the fastest on the track. I do remember that one of them posed for Playboy...don't recall which one, though.
I like this one...
it's been on my fridge for decades...
stumbled across this, dont remember seeing it before (totally possible its been 205ed)
Ms Hiroko Hori
- Professional bike racer / author / shop owner
- Born in Tokyo, Japan (1949/04/01 - 1985/04/30).
- Traveled around the world (25 countries) on Honda CB750F (1975)
- Joined a Road Race Competition as the first female rider (1976) *the regulation (allows only male riders can join comps) had been changed after her great performance
- Joined 4 hour endurance race (200 miles) at Suzuka circuit in 1980 and 1981 on Suzuki GSX400E
- Rode across Sahara desert (8,000km) on Suzuki DR500 (1982)
- Rode across in Europe (5 countries) in 1985
- Held "Women only competition called "Powder Puff" in 1978
- Ran her own motorbike accessory /gear shop "Hirokono" in 1979
That's one hell of a woman.
Love that big thumper she's riding too. Not an SR/SRX is it?
It's still got turn signals!
Think I found it. Shima frame/XT500 motored.
Sorry, back to our regular programing....
The CB-1 isn't vintage,but I consider it a classic & I like this photo.
What year is that? I posted because I thought it was much older!
You forgot Michelle Duff.......
That's one small dude.
This is purported to be congressman Gabby Gifford.