Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by G B, May 2, 2017.
More photos from the museum
The road to the museum, see the lighting poles
After that I went south and the road was mostly through village but with lot of mountains in the distance. In mainland Japan I started to see traditional Japanese houses, people have more money here than in Hokkaido.
Went from Maesawaku to Lake Hibara that is in a mountain area and stayed at a Rider House
Started the day by visiting Chuson-ji a golden temple in the town of Hiraizumi. Most of the old buildings were from ca 1200.
But there was not allover to take photos of this famous golden temple that is inside a museum building so this is from there website.
More photos from the temple
At the parking there came a local guy with a typical Japanese luggage arrangement.
Stopped to take this photo of a burial ground and then I saw this on the instrument.
On the low land there are lot of rice fields.
Then I went up a mountain op to ca 1100m, there were the trees in autumn colors and there were hot springs witch smelled of sulfur like our hot springs in Iceland.
The Rider House that I had planed to stay at was closed but in the dark I found a nice young local woman that that found an other accommodation for me, it was 3800 yen but the room was headed and the owner took me to a new fancy hotel to take a bath in a very nice hot spring that was also with a outside jacuzzi so I could see the stars if I would have had my glasses on and also if it would not be raining.
More photos from the hot spring and the mountain area, 70% of Japan is mountains so there is not much space for the people on the remaining 30%
Went from Lake Hibara to a camping place close to small village Minamiaizu.
Went down the mountain in the morning after it stopped raining and went through this road with no traffic.
Partly sunny 20-28°C
As there is a long weekend there is a lot of traffic. The Michi No Ekis were full of cars and people and there were many people selling things outside on the parking lot.
Ended on a 22 km long very curvy road with not so much traffic but the price for the 22 km was 410 yen, stopped to take photos of this water fall and there came this guy on a Yamaha XS650.
On a Michi No Ekis close to Moteki race track there were a lot of bikes.
The plan was to camp at the race track but the camping was full so there was an other camp side 4 km away.
Japan looks like it needs to be on my to-do/bucket list.
This RR is showing it very well, and the photography is great. Thanks G B.
Went to the Honda museum which is inside the Moteki race track. Entrants and parking is 1500 yen if you are on biker. Photos from the museum can been seen here:
Then I went through the race track and the Moto GP will be held here next weekend 13 to 15 of October.
Vent from camping place at Moteki to hotel in Arakawa, Tokyo. Arakawa is in north of Tokyo center.
The camping place in the morning
Started by going through some mountains road but 55 km before Tokyo the urban areas of Tokyo started and it took some time to ride this last 55 km.
Saw this shop not far from the hotel.
Great stuff. Thanks for taking the time to share it
Great as always! I can't believe I have been following this thread for 5 months! What an incredible journey!
Took the metro to Ueno where there are some motorcycle shops but there are not many left.
Then I walked over to Meiji Shrine in Shibuya.
And from there over to Akihabara which is the area with electronic shops and shops for all kind video games and animation.
Took the metro to Meiji Jingū shrine and then I walked through Yoyogi park
Photos from Yoyogi park.
There are toilets everywhere in Japan, they are always free and very clean and in the park there where number of toilet houses, this had a drawing of the layout.
Then I took the metro back to see the gardens of the Imperial Palace and across the street are big office buildings and Tokyo train station. This area is the center of Tokyo.
Then some photos of the big office buildings around Tokyo train station