As I began digging through my leather pile to gather material, I started realizing that I was going to be scrapping the background together with pieces. My stitching is very rough, but I am expecting it to come together nicely; I'm trying to avoid the full Frankenstein look though. To avoid Buffalo Bobbing the background, I decided to use a sun pattern to give the many pieces a purpose. They'll be the last to go in, but if I wait for the rest of the design to be in place my marked center point will be gone. So I laid it out with the Sharpie on the pattern. Now once the bird is down I can just sew in pieces wrt the guides...fool proof!