(Hoping it`s the right Forum....it`s kinda confusing nowadays). I`ve just finished making a few changes to my Enfield 500 Woodsman and thought some of you may enjoy seeing what I`ve done. Here`s the bike in brand new,stock condition. Nothing wrong per se....I`ve loved the bike from day one...but at a recent Watsonian Squire Open Day I noticed that despite being built in limited numbers,the several Woodsman models there were all exactly the same bar the colour schemes. I wanted to personalise mine. Also,look at the excessive gap betwixt front tyre and mudguard due to the lowish profile road tyres instead of the original spec tall profile ones they used to have. Additionally I thought the big rectangular tail light was a bit large. With the tyres,I was going to fit the tall profile Mitas ones I use on my Urals but I`m planning on taking the Enfield to Italy and exploring the military forts and tracks in the Stella Alpina area so I decided on some trials tyres....these would also be fine on the road...so nice Mister Watsonian Squire sent me a pair of Ensign Trials tyres (front and rear both 3.75x19). These are quite a bit taller than the stock tyres,so I also decided to buy and fit a polished alloy trials front mudguard and a powder coated trials external mudguard.....gets away from the far too modern style of front mudguard anway,heh heh. Pop the wheels out.....the Enfield is great when you remove the rear wheel as the chain and sprocket stay in place....and change the tyres. Unbolt the mudguard and bolt the external stay in its place. Decide on the best fore and aft position for the new alloy guard,mark and drill the holes then bolt it all up....with new shallow headed domed bolts as the original hex ones will foul the tyre on refitting the wheel (DAMHIK). Tyres and front end completed. I didn`t re-route the speedo cable to use the mount that`s on the stay,as the cable would foul and melt on the wrap around header pipe fitted to the Woodsman. Now then....that massive red plastic box masquerading as a tail light. I bought a replica of the Miller lamp fitted to Vincents.....the round one with the word STOP across the upper bit. It`s a 2 bulb unit (one for tail/number plate and one for brake,natch) with nasty clamp terminals so I soldered some cables directly and fitted a dedicated earth wire rather than relying on the bolts. I traced around the chromed rear housing and made a curved topped plate to blank the space where the tail light was.....this was drilled to suit all the original mounting points,sprayed black and the new lamp unit was bolted to it. Additionally,I mounted the number plate bracket about 2" higher than it originally was...helps with wheel removal,gives a tad more ground clearance and...more to the point....it looks better,ahem. (Vain ? Moi ?? ) Then....the piece de resistance.... At the Uttoxeter Classic show I found a brand new Bullet Classic petrol tank in chrome with gold lined black sections for £75....about half price. The headstock neck needed widening slightly and the front mounting holes had to be enlarged,but after that it dropped straight on and bolted up. Here`s the tank in an arty photo from this evening which I like. The Classic tank is meant to have a rubber knee pad each side but they are very thick and don`t look right.....I`m just going to look for a small side badge or similar to use up the mounting bolt thread,and probably extend the pinstriping where it ends abruptly. A phonecall to Hitchcocks for a Classic filler cap and petrol tap,and the job was done. I know this Thread`s a bit self indulgent but I`m very pleased with the results and thought someone else may enjoy reading about and seeing what I`ve done.