L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest and whatev' started by NSFW, Mar 5, 2008.

  1. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA

    don't tell me i'm only 5-10 mins ahead of you...:huh


    i see, those blinding LED aux lights melted the cars in front...hahaha. those thing were so bright that i couldn't see my headlight. awesome for lane splitting....:D

    me like. can't wait to see them lights on my bike.

    thanks ersin for the extra shine.....:lol3
  2. PERRO-FROM-HELL

    PERRO-FROM-HELL Life is good

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2012
    Oddometer:
    107
    Location:
    Long Beach, CA
    At home and safe,Thanks Joel for the great ride! Looking forward to ride again soon. Thanks everybody it was very nice to meet you all.

    D.
  3. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA
    unaware to most of you guys, those who stayed home like traveltoad and loner offered their trucks and service if any unfortunate event happened to anyone of us.

    do not google, you get free sticker if you know who said this..."those who only stand and wait also serve"
  4. rruugger

    rruugger formally rruugger

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2007
    Oddometer:
    1,291
    Location:
    La Crescenta, Ca
    The behind the scenes L.A. Adventure support team. :thumb
  5. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA
    :rofljust shows the Rrrrrrrrrr could not keep up with the SEs. that's what you get for buying a bike just for the sound of it....:lol3

    i sent you a text and phone message...pappy's at betteravia off 101...did your cell run out of juice..:D



    i guess on this ride, the 20% didn't have the chance, and all the riders did their 80%......hmmm where did i saw that line?.....:dic
  6. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA

    no wind at all for those who rode sat morning and the rest of the weekend. the weather gods were with us on this one.



    you know tex you're like a young brother to me, no RR no problem, man, i'm happy to see you get home safely. yikes, riding in the rain, snow and black ice...and returning home to iowa...:yikes

    been riding the dakar?

    .
    no windy on this ride...:evil

    we had a big group, probably the biggest ride/camp adventure event so far, not sure, maybe the original noobs rally was bigger.

    dave, you bought another bike?...:eek1
  7. johngil

    johngil Reseda, CA

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,814
    That was the ugliest stripper we could have ever hired.

    [​IMG]
  8. johngil

    johngil Reseda, CA

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,814
    Ninja!

    [​IMG]
  9. tbarstow

    tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,922
    Location:
    Viva Lost Wages!
    Probably wearing cheap knock-off italian shoes too.
  10. El Zorrillo

    El Zorrillo charity case

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Oddometer:
    905
    Location:
    SJC, CA
    got back home at 7:30 last night, tired and dirty. fun ride joel, thanks for (being gullible enough) herding the cats again, the splitting up into groups thing was a great idea and worked really well.

    i wish i had pics to share, but my camera went kaput by 8:00 on saturday morning.
  11. nakedwaterskier

    nakedwaterskier Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Oddometer:
    276
    Location:
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Split off to visit mother in Santa Barbara on Sun. It seemed like 80 degrees riding home down the 101.

    Cafe Emporium in Ojai was very good. Pozo Bar was so so but what can you expect in the middle of nowhere?
    Pappy's? breakfast in Arroyo Grande was good.

    Most thought I was nuts for not bringing a tent. But, it ended up that tents were an unnecessary hassle.
    The night wasn't very cold. No bugs. The only time I was really cold was riding up through Maricopa.
    Thank God that frog finally shut up after midnight--it must have finally got laid or gave up competing with
    our snorer.

    TENTS WERE FOR WIMPS! My KLR was the second smallest bike on the ride; WOW.

    http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/halgot1/pozoadv009.jpg
    http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/halgot1/pozoadv008.jpg

    http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/halgot1/pozoadv004.jpg
    http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/halgot1/pozoadv001.jpg[​IMG]
  12. nakedwaterskier

    nakedwaterskier Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Oddometer:
    276
    Location:
    Woodland Hills, CA
  13. nakedwaterskier

    nakedwaterskier Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Oddometer:
    276
    Location:
    Woodland Hills, CA
  14. nakedwaterskier

    nakedwaterskier Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2008
    Oddometer:
    276
    Location:
    Woodland Hills, CA
    [​IMG]
    Somehow someone managed to fall in the mud though there wasn't much.
  15. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA

    that was a long way home for you tom. good to hear you had a great time.

    yeah, i'm not good in herding cats, and almost lost the whole herd at one time, have to be 24/7 for the wolf wearing the sheep's clothing.


    :D
  16. NSFW

    NSFW basecamp4adv

    Joined:
    Feb 20, 2007
    Oddometer:
    18,319
    Location:
    Burbank CA

    :puke1 has a tp around his left arm and camera on the other.

    but pale skin, definitely not me.......:evil
  17. S H I F T Y

    S H I F T Y Been here awhile

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Oddometer:
    791
    Anybody else JONESIN' for the Santa Clara Divide to open? I know it has been beat to death, and we are hoping for an opening this spring, but I drive past the gate every morning on my way to work and hope to see it open.

    [​IMG]
  18. FYYFF

    FYYFF Forever young...

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Oddometer:
    2,126
    Location:
    SoCal
    An other great riding/camping event. Thanks to Joel for organizing, Bob for woods and beer, all ride leaders and of course all the noobs for participating. :clap

    We met around 7:00am at Shell station of Lyons Ave. We were all there but Joel wasn't. That was odd because he usually be at the meeting point an hour early.
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    But it turns out that he was waiting at another Shell station on the other site of the freeway which nobody knew. :lol3 Thank God he send me a message saying that he is leaving at 7:30 with out us. :huh I am sure he thought everybody bailed out that morning and he was all alone. :lol3
    Anyways, he finally found us.
    [​IMG]

    We hit the rode little after 7:30 with a group of 11 riders.
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Ed (Novos) was on his street bike and joined us for breakfast only.
    [​IMG]

    Breakfast at Ojai.
    [​IMG]

    Joel sent me with the fast group to take pictures. :evil
    [​IMG]

    But the fast group was crazy fast so I could only took pictures at short beer breaks.
    [​IMG]

    John (Riddler990)
    [​IMG]

    Sito all alone
    [​IMG]

    An other beer break
    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Noel is chasing me for a change, not for long though. :D
    [​IMG]

    When we reach Pozo Saloon, Noel was the first one to get his hands on beer of course
    [​IMG]

    Order line.
    [​IMG]

    John & John
    [​IMG]

    Then this lady came and asked for Joel. :lol3
    [​IMG]

    Noel, yes he is in the picture. Look harder, right side...
    [​IMG]

    Then everyone else arrived.
    [​IMG]

    Sito and I.
    [​IMG]

    Big one for the big guy
    [​IMG]

    Story teller Sito
    [​IMG]

    Our first casualty, Shan (Rider) :lol3
    [​IMG]

    AdvRider Boyband
    [​IMG]

    This is Day 1. All pictures are on my SmugMug. Day 2 is to come.
  19. FYYFF

    FYYFF Forever young...

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Oddometer:
    2,126
    Location:
    SoCal
    No Joel, unfortunately it is definitely you... :rofl

    [​IMG]
  20. johngil

    johngil Reseda, CA

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2007
    Oddometer:
    3,814