I didn't do the electrical. The electrical was done by the previous owner and it turns out it was a faulty outlet. Turns out, outlets wear out over time. The one that went was one of my more commonly used ones. I was lucky enough to "assist" in the investigation with the Fire Chief. (I've done many of the Fire Investigation Courses). The seat of the fire appeared to be a short in the outlet. Fire travelled up the wall behind the insulation and may have been smouldering for days. (I'd had something plugged in there a day or two before the fire day) Luckily, no one was injured and our home wasn't damaged. All pets were safe and accounted for. Wish I could say the same for my F800GS. Live and learn.