Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Trials' started by Gordy, Oct 9, 2012.
shameless thread hijack to promote the NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig slated for May 31-June 2 at Sipapu----
First Annual NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig 2013
<hr style="color:#575757; background-color:#575757" size="1"> [FONT="]First Annual NMTA/NMOHVA Sipapu Shindig[/FONT]
[FONT="]When : Friday May 31st-Sunday June 2<sup>nd</sup>, 2013[/FONT]
[FONT="]Where : Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort[/FONT]
[FONT="]5224 New Mexico 518 [/FONT]
[FONT="] Vadito, NM 87579
Phone (800) 587-2240[/FONT]
[FONT="]The New Mexico Trials Association (NMTA), and the New Mexico Off-Highway Vehicle Alliance (NMOHVA) are proud to co-sponsor this observed trials event/dual-sport motorcycle rally in Sipapu, NM. [/FONT]
[FONT="]Heres a taste of what you can expect during this 3-day event : [/FONT]
[FONT="]2 great days of dual-sport motorcycle riding in the beautiful Carson National Forest near Taos, New Mexico-(Friday-Saturday)[/FONT]
· [FONT="]Friday and Saturday will feature a variety of dual sport, single-track, and road riding options through the mountains of Northern New Mexico. All riding off of ski resort property is strictly "no fee", and at the event participant's discretion. Maps of suggested routes will be provided and we anticipate plenty of people who would be willing to let others follow them as they explore the beautiful and varied scenery around Sipapu, Taos, Angel Fire and surrounding areas.[/FONT]
· [FONT="]All road riding requires a legal, plated bike. Trails system riding requires a valid NM OHV sticker or sticker from a reciprical state. The NMTA event is being held on private land (the ski resort) so no stickers are required.[/FONT]
[FONT="]2 great days of observed trials motorcycle competition at the Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort(Saturday-Sunday)[/FONT]
· [FONT="]Saturday and Sunday will feature two rounds of NMTA-hosted observed trials. Both "halves" of the event are headquartered out of the beautiful Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort. Bring several bikes and do it all! Your first competition event with NMTA is free and they encourage all to participate. (must have an AMA license to participate in NMTA event)[/FONT]
· [FONT="]Free admission to spectate at the NMTA observed trials competition, with easy access to great food and beverages at Sipapu Lodge.[/FONT]
[FONT="]A chance to make new friends, catch up with long-time friends, and support New Mexico trials & dual sport motorcycling. [/FONT]
· [FONT="]Registration for this event includes a dinner Saturday night, an event T-shirt, sticker, and a chance at raffle prizes. (well have some good swag for you!)[/FONT]
[FONT="]This is a fund-raising event. All funds above event costs will go directly to NMOHVA's Access Defense Fund. [/FONT][FONT="]Lend your support to the ongoing battle that NMOHVA is fighting on our behalf to maintain/preserve our motorized access to public lands in New Mexico[/FONT]
· [FONT="]Check out NMOHVA at www.nmohva.org, Sipapu at <cite>[FONT="]www.sipapunm.com[/FONT]</cite>,and the NMTA at www.newmexicotrials.com.[/FONT]
[FONT="] If you wish to participate in the NMTA trials event, or assist as a volunteer spotter, please contact NMTA at www.newmexicotrials.com[/FONT]
[FONT="]We will be posting additional thread updates over the next few days with more details----Hope to see you there ![/FONT]
Still?? They appeared fine yesterday even on my work computer.
The "new" Photobucket sucks ass!!
I agree. I emailed them complaining about it and they responded along the lines of "anything new takes time to get used to. Thanks for using photobucket".
They look fine on my computer?
Hey, NMTA'ers! We just added a special registration catagory for NMTA to participate in the Sipapu Shindig. Since you will already be registering for the NMTA trials event, we created a catagory that isn't "doubling up" on charges for insurance/fees/etc.
We are excited to be involved in this unique event and the opportunity it offers for everyone.
have you really thought about this?? having met trials riders, don't you think they could benefit from double coverage??
seriously, many thanks!
Wow Griz, I just about feel asleep watching those two vids.
you do realize that was NOT Pat Smage
Naturally the camera made the obstacle look like nothing.
I was scared out of my wits.
Funny how that works. Every video of me makes me think I'm riding at a "day 1" level.
Imagine how difficult the stuff that looks impressive on video must really be. :eek1
San Yo results are up in post 2 and post 1 is updated for Gallup.
Thanks Gordy! You have the current standings wrong. The board has pulled the standings till all the membership is current. So almost all classes are incorrect.:huh
Whatever. It's better than guessing at it!
What? Do we have guys competing without paying dues?? I would say those points don't count. Not now, not ever.
WTF? You can see if you are doing well and then get your dues in?? Am I missing something??
Lot`s of issues.
Out of the blue we stop the newsletter.
The dues were for the cost of the newsletter.
We raised the membership dues.
We are loosing members!
First year we had the standings out so soon, so the standings needed adjustment.
Some members (we`ll call members people that have been riding for several years) did not show for the banquet or for their first ride yet this year. Maybe they are stiill looking for a newsletter!
We`ll pick on Bruce, first event he get`s a third. Shows up in march I tell him the membrship has not been paid. His response is he thought the wife had mailed it in. Do you want to tell him he rode non-comp?? He also was not at the banquet.
I also picked on another 4 member family(from santa fe) that had not renewed, but was glad to do so at the march event.
I`m all for the rules, but we have changed a lot in a short period of time!
I guess I just always thought that there was a list at the sign-up table that had memberships paid and unpaid on it -at least around this time of the year. Just like we check if your AMA card is paid up. Shows how little I know.
If a guy (or gal) can ride for points without paying dues (and retroactively pay them), what is the incentive to pay dues? I don't get it.
That was corrected this week at the board meeting. Tim D. has come out with new sign up sheets. One`s that the trialsmaster can see as a class. (Sort of like they were for thirty years+) The expired membersips will be in red on another form.
Big Al needs this info. for the standings. He is just guessing at this point with no formal paperwork showing him who is a member and who is not. He can easily make the changes necessary and repost. If Al doesn't get a current member list monthly, the standings will never be accurate.