Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by vtwin, Feb 12, 2007.
Where do you get one of these?
Hi Pablo, I have the older version of these...
Mine are probably 25 years old and my phillips bit has long since broken. Good thing it fits a standard screwdriver shank.
So we had our club meeting today and since it was local for me, I rode the K11p. Once the meeting was over, we went on a small ride to grab some lunch. Unfortunately, the K11p let me down again! Good thing I wasn't too far from home and was able to push it within a mile of home until I got it restarted and rode the rest of the way. Not really into naming bikes, but this one just comes to the top, "One-Way-Ki(1)p". It gets me to my destination, but never completes a ride. DNF king this one.
At least it is a lightweight!
Noticed in some pictures that you have a windscreen on the GR. Who makes that one and what are your impressions of it?
Toying with the idea of a flyscreen or a windscreen.
Annd....while you are at it...any idea what size spacer you used when you put the 16 tooth sprocket on? I just picked up a 520 16 tooth sprocket this evening. (Starting the winter project list--braided brake line, front sprocket, polishing side cases and possibly repainting.)
Sorry RR, been awhile since I've been here. The windscreen is a National Cycle Street Shield my brother had on a cruiser. I just had to get a 7/8" kit for it. I like it as it doesn't buffet me too much. Got tired after alot of longer trips trying to fight the wind.
I used the stock spacer for the sprocket, I believe. Since the PBI front sprocket uses the stock dimensions.
No problem, VTwin. My riding season is over (most likely--had it out today, but only to run Seafoam throughout the fuel system to prep for winter storage,) and I'm getting started on my winter project list.
Had it out in late November for a longer ride and I really felt the wind on that ride. The guy riding with me had a similar screen, if not the same one, and he didn't suffer from the wind like I did.
I picked up a Suzuki 16-tooth sprocket, but it is a 520, so I'll need the spacer.
Mine had a really bad homemade sissybar welded on the grab bar and I've been spending rare free time cutting it off and grinding away the remaining bits off. Not likely that I'll be able to disguise the resulting carnage, but it was worth it. Hated that bar. Had an HD embossed back pad on it. Not good.
Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.
I see those grab bars come up from time to time on ebay. You may want to go over to the GR650 forum and ask those that have turned them into bobbers.
That's not a bad idea.
Been lazy this season and finally decided to do something about the flooding carb on the K11p. I replaced the petcock and now dipping the carb in Pine-sol, hope it works like others have stated. I would like to get this little bike running for our first club meeting of the year next weekend.
Ok, after cleaning out the carb and blowing out all the passages, time to see if my fumbling has done anything positive.
Well, I'm glad to post that it was a success. After reinstalling it, and letting it clear out a bit, it started to run better and better. Good enough to road test and go to the club meeting some 20 miles away.
It was a good showing too.
This little white Honda came all the way from Napa to San Jose! It was a 175cc and he installed a 200cc in it.
Yep, that's what you think it is...
How about this?
And the little K..
After all the announcments of the coming season, it was time to head for home and I took the long way 'round.
It was good to finally start to trust this little bike and nice to get out for a ride.
Anybody know where I can get replacement rear shocks for my little K11p? They measure 11" eye to eye. I've looked at scooter shocks, bought a couple of too large shocks off ebay, no luck.
Nice looking little bike. Great pics from the meet.
Thanks RR, we had 42 show up.
Ok, seems the little K11p is running decent, so I moved onto the M31. Did the carb/Pine-sol treatment on the carb and also thought I may have put too much oil in the pre-mix. So I cut it with the fuel from the Scarabeo, since it needs an engine, it's not going to need the gas for awhile. But it paid off.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d_HVk9IScHI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I was able to actually ride it for a little bit. Going to need some fine tuning to get it smoother, but it's up for sale now.
Finally found some shocks that fit on the little K11p.
Yea, they ain't Ohlins, but what the heck, they were cheap enough. And they seem to work ok, way better than the pogo sticks they replaced.