Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Graywolf11, Aug 2, 2016.
Pack the rain gear folks we are in for a bit of a blow!
Hmmmm, had these new grip warmers in a box all summer. Guess it is time to put them on now...
See everyone Friday morning.
There is no bad weather, only bad gear. See you in the morning!
Anyone seen Grey wolf this morning? Folks waiting on him in Lyons!
Hi Cathy, I think he's riding straight to Granby....
Thanks Pat!!! Now I won't worry so much. The group waited for him until 10, then took off. They are going to head south on the Peak to Peak, take the OMG road down to Idaho Springs and then come through Winter Park to get to Granby. Four riders, Tha Rick, Osprey!, StmbtDave, and Sidney and AJ. I'm still on the injured list but who knows, maybe I will get Sue to head over to say hi to everyone in Granby later today!!!
And yes, Rick remembered his tent poles. :)
But not his heated jacket... lol
Any status updates? We are staying flexible with the plan but still going to go with plan A until we can't.
Heard/saw the result when I was at Pat's earlier.. Saw you guys headed south out of Grand Lake and waved!! How was that wind and fog over Trail Ridge on the bikes?
LOL.. He just wanted to make sure I got my annual trek over Trail Ridge in the dark! The fog made it especially interesting! Can't wait to see more pictures!
We had about 15 feet of visibility on top. We took the Old Fall River Road. It was really blowing on top, but cleared up soon after we started down.
After some wind last night, we woke up to a beautiful morning with temperatures in the mid 50's
Brian and I will skip the Northern route. We were supposed to meet in Steamboat today we will go scenic to ripple creek lodge tonight, and ride a few loops from there tomorrow, and meet with ya in Ripple creek lodge tomorrow pm. The system blew through Grand Junction this morning, and carries a lot of energy. Snow level fell to 8500 feet with it sticking to the ground. Most will however melt as temps rise, but with it comes a cold blast of air, that might delay the am melt of what ever stuck to the ground overnight Friday/Saturday. The epicenter, according to the prognostic charts will be steamboat and north. So as you head out of Riverside Saturday morning ya might see something stuck to the road.
This the reason we will stay south of that zone.
Off course I say that and it will be sunny skies, and mid fitties. Ha.
See ya in Ripple Creek lodge.
A friends cabin at 7800' north of Craig
Everyone dispersed from Steamboat to various points. Weather was awful and not predicted to get better on the way to Riverside.
Tha Rick is home safe, only a skiff of bad weather on Rabbit Ears.
Kinda strange getting back home at 70*
I did. Great to see y'all again!
It looked foreboding as we approached Buffalo Pass. I blame Dave for telling us we should be riding towards the blue sky, not into the storm...
Well, our FailTrain made it as far as Granby. Started snowing on us around Empire and by then we had enough. Now in Winter Park for the Eve and will see if we can meet folks tomorrow!