Pittsfield, Beartown, October Mountain - off road in Western MA

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Forzato, Jun 9, 2015.

  1. Kamala

    Kamala Long timer

    Oct 4, 2005
    Nashoba Valley
    My "Dirt Bike" had been street registered for 5 yrs when the state put in the ORV sticker rule. Even though you can not register a vehicle in MA until the sales tax is paid I needed a Hard Copy of an ST-9 form to Prove I paid it. Now that I jumped through all the hoops it's easy to renew.

    It's way harder to Street Register a KDX than get an ORV stickers. I think I committed a felony or two with the documentation I provided to street register it!
  2. Scottyluc

    Scottyluc Been here awhile

    Feb 5, 2015
    Southwestern CT
    I finally got a chance to call Springfield today. The woman I talked to was very pleasant.
    She stated all I will need is:
    Mass Reg and titling form
    Form ST-6E which is the sales tax exempt form since my bike is registered in CT and sales tax was paid when it was registered
    A copy of my receipt from the DMV showing I paid sales tax
    A copy of my CT registration in place of a Bill of Sale
    A check for $33

    If that ends up being all that is needed then that's a small price to pay, imo. The forms are pretty straight forward.
    Dualsport Chic likes this.
  3. PackinDirt

    PackinDirt Adventurer

    Aug 29, 2014
    Eastern Vermont
    Sounds like it'd be about the same deal coming from Vermont as the sales tax was paid upon registration. I still owe the bank for the bike so I don't have a title and no idea where the receipt for the paid sales tax is. But in Vermont, it can't be registered without paying the sales tax, so...

    Still looks relatively easy. I have family in Williamstown making this a good area to explore.