Registering a hack in Sweden

Discussion in 'Hacks' started by Portchy, Sep 2, 2013.

  1. Portchy

    Portchy Long in the tooth

    Mar 21, 2011
    Hampetorp, Sweden
    This is a cry for help from anyone in Sweden that knows what the deal is. I have a couple of old Soviet sidecars and want to attach one to my Triumph Tiger900 (steamer). What is the deal here with dealing with Transportstyrelsen and SFRO?:baldy My Swedish is a bit on the crap side and best I can make out is, I have to get SFRO to certify that the brakes are up to the task at a cost of 3000sek or I can apply for a waver from Transportstyrelsen (if someone else has already paid for SFRO to test the same model bike) at a cost of 4000sek. All I want to do is extend my riding season beyond the few months that summer comes to this land.:D
  2. ANKOF

    ANKOF Been here awhile

    Sep 14, 2012
    hi. not 100% sure how you do it with a new rig but I know that it shouldnt be any real problems. I think that sfro has to test it not only for the brakes but also check the conection between bike and hack and that it handles ok.

    talk to the right guy on "bilprovning" where you gonna do the final inspection. he or she knows how it works, the people on transportstyrelsen are nice but can only tell the rules and laws like its writen not how they work.
    sfro are very good, talk to the right person in your neibourhood. think its different rates depending on size of there work papers they have to sign.