Recently I went to install Garmin programs and maps on a new (replacement) computer. Basecamp download - no problem. Once Basecamp was installed, I was able to download the last version of MapSource from cnet since I already had a Garmin product installed. I went through the ritual of installing maps. I went through the procedure to unlock the maps. I tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox and found that the plug-in from Garmin to communicate with the units related to the map unlocks wasn't supported. I then used Internet Explorer. Typed "ie" in the search box and it popped up. Internet Explored communicated fine with the units related to the locked maps. Each time I retrieved the codes from Garmin online I got a message that told me the maps were successfully unlocked. When I went to the software, they were not showing detail and still showed that they were locked. I went back to Internet Explorer. This time when I typed "ie" in the search box I paused for a moment to right-click on the IE icon to choose "Run As Administrator". When I ran IE as an administrator and then went through the unlock procedure the unlock codes were actually posted to my computer. I got the successful unlock message as before, but the codes wouldn't remain unless I ran as admin. After that the maps showed "unlocked" and worked just fine. Hopes this helps someone else.