Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan' started by CottonTop, Apr 9, 2013.
i'm suprised not too many chimed in with adding jessee luggage.
Will I get hit if I say the 1st thing the S10 needs is a damn beak? Just looks so......unfinished.
i agree a beak would complete the front end a bit.
I thought that was how BMW justified the price differential.......
Unfortunately I'm way past three
1. Skid plate. Pick your poison, but try to avoid the ones that mount on the sump.
2. Crash bars
3. Madstad bracket. Gives the OEM windshield much better adjustability and use even in 5 Celsius weather.
... and then....
5. Heated grips (for us northern folk)
6. 50/50 tires if you want to go off-road with the beast or even gravel roads. K60's are what I installed.
7. Replace OEM left heel/ankle guard with something you won't catch your pants on. I got Altrider's.
8. Clink your spokes with a wrench to hear if they need tightening. They are supposed to settle after a few k under them.
9. Fill the void under the headlights with some driving lights. Also looks much better too!
10. Wider side stand foot as this beast is heavy and leans quite a lot on the side stand.
OOPS...I guess it's top 10 farkles now.
well 3 farkles is what gets you to the edge of the cliff. after that it's all over. you can't just stop at windsheild, luggage, crashbars.
I agree... and its fun... but one must be cognizant of the fact you can add material weight gains by bolting on too much stuff.
I added a couple of items over the weekend:
Altrider.com's side stand foot and the Pivot Pegs (MK3), both nice addons, especially for my size 12 boot.
ooh, looks good!
Yeah the more I see everyone with them and remembering back to my offroad forays with my 1100GS, I was glad to have them, and should get some for the S10.
Look at these Hepco Becker bars... and the way they pinched down near the welds on my old GS:
These are on my list... AlsoRan you are one of many who have recommended the AF-1 reflash. I did not realize it but I was in their dealership Saturday night. We were are the MotoGP race in Austin, and a friend who lives local invited us to the AF-1 after-party in downtown Austin. I did not put the two together until after I got there. Great party, and now wish I had put my ECU in my bag...
RocketJohn I am diggin the side stand foot - every time I try to use the stock stand it in my yard she wants to sink - healthy girl...
Allows me to kick the side stand out much easier too.
Still wondering that myself... S is bad enough except for when roads are slick, then I don't mind the slow takeoff. Normally use SS mod, try the fuse CJM if you haven't already. It will tide you over till you stump up for the reflash.
here's a nice farkle, but needs maint. every so often (daily atleast twice)
Won't work on the Raven models.
The maintenance cost on this are out of my budget...
Is the $170 Yamaha tank bag worth it? Anybody got one?
I like it but I paid much less... $128
Replaced mine after a few rides. Slides all over off road. No side pouches.
Don't miss it at all. Went with a four strap Wolfman.
Good people. Ed Cook and AF-1 were great to work with, super helpful and answered all my questions. It would have been convenient to drop the ECU off at the party!
Your timing could not be better as I hear they are re-flashing using the new Gen-2 version which has some enhancements. I am happy with the Gen-1 so will wait and see how the new version plays out. Let us know how you like it once you get it done.