Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Vendors' started by TheNedster, Feb 14, 2009.
So are the ones on Ebay the version 1.0 or the newer version?
ebay stuff is pre-production (essentially same as Version 1.0)
The only difference at this point is that the thermal liner is 75g instead of 100g.
Link? (search doesn't bring it up)
I'd like to check out a suit.
Back on post 168 there was a link that worked for me.
Who knows, they may be gone. There was a XXXL red one last night. Me, I'm holding out for the 4XL, being the fat tub of goo that I am.
I'm with you brother...
Fellow fat tub of goo here....
Making life difficult for us skinny bastards. We go through life risking being snapped in half in a strong breeze, then can't find clothes to fit.:eek1
I have NEVER had that problem...hahaha
Proving yet again that Teiz Motorsports is a customer oriented company, we have three big announcements:
1) Availability of Hi-Viz colors
2) Availability of Tall sizes
3) Design Competition
Hi-Viz Colors<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
You can now order the Vented suit in two additional colors:
· Hi-Viz Yellow
· Hi-Viz Orange
If ordered before March 31<SUP>st</SUP>, your Hi-Viz suit will be ready to be shipped by May 31<SUP>st</SUP>. Order a Hi-Viz suit and burn some retinas.
Rejoice tall riders (with those 33”+ seat heights). THREE tall sizes have been added to our portfolio. We now offer L-Tall, XL-Tall and 2XL-Tall. You can now order these from our website.
We are bringing out a new version of the suit in leather for those who prefer killing cows. We want to incorporate your input from the beginning. If you think you have a good design, send it over to us and you might win big! If you just want to share ideas, express them on our forums:
You can find details at the link below. Essentially, submit a design and if you win, you will win a suit once it comes out.
Other brief updates
· SF Moto in San Francisco now have a L,XL and 2XL in stock so you can visit the store and see the suits in person.
· The about us page has been updated
That’s the update for now folks. I hope I made several people happy with the availability of Hi-Viz colors and tall sizes. I know that riders hoping for short sizes are disappointed, but trust me, we are working on that as well. We will try to introduce short sizes in the next few months. Stay tuned.
Ghazi, I got your email this morning about all that. That's is really cool news. Tall sizes, that's fantastic, and the competition is right up my alley.
Folks, TEIZ seems to be the company we've all been waiting for.
Damn, L-Tall is a perfect fit, if a bit large in the chest. I may get one for commuting this summer. If I can't find that gun I want, I'll even have the money.
I am extremely interested in this suit as I currently commute every day (50 miles round trip) in Los Angeles traffic.
Couple of questions to either those who have this suit, or to TeizMS directly:
How does this suit compare to the Fieldsheer Highland? The Highland has around the same price point ($300 msrp...can be found for $200 online) and has a similar on off (I looked at the video). The Highland also includes a liner, full CE armor in back/shoulders/elbows/hips,knees, and also has an array of pockets (albeit no map pocket). The reason I ask is because I've been using the Highland for the past year and a half...and...I'm ready for a change. However, similar to others, I'm a bit weary of purchasing something that I'd hope to use everyday for the next few years from a company that just started.
Several things I've noticed based on the website/video/responses:
1. The full length zipper on the teiz suit does not appear to be "fluid" in that it looks like it was getting caught up and snagged as they were zipping it up. My fieldsheer highland I can take on and off easily in under a minute, usually it's down to around 30-40 seconds. Important to me because I get to do the song and dance at least twice a day.
2. The "cut" of the suit. I know that you can adjust the waist via the straps in the torso area, but that is also a "feature" of my Highland suit. I'd like to consider myself an athletic guy, but the Highland suit makes me look like a fat slob. There's no V sort of shape to the upper body, and balloons outwards at the hips, and as much as I know it doesn't matter, I'd rather have a suit that looks good in addition to the protection capabilities. How is the cut on the teizMS suit? Does it somewhat slim down around the waist area?
3. Waterproofness - yes I know you've discussed this extensively in this thread, but I wanted to add my experience with my Highland suit. It too also has a velcro covering of the main full zipper, but it pretty much does NOTHING to keeping water out. In Los Angeles, it rarely rains, and when it does, I'm sure it is nothing compared to other parts of the US (Especially the pac northwest). However, in the two "downpours" I've ridden in, the entire length of the zipper got me soaking wet. Soaking wet within about 15 minutes of riding in the rain. I know you don't want to claim anything as each situation will differ, but in your opinion, would the teizMS suit be able to handle these minor rain conditions?
4. Bottom leg closures - I couldn't really see from either the video or pictures, but how does the leg close at the bottom? How far does the zipper run down to the bottom? Again, the fieldsheer highland fails in this regard as there is a full 6-8 inches at the bottom of both legs where the zippers end. There are 2 pieces of velcro straps that "enclose" the bottom portion, I assume to give the rider flexibility for the boots they have. However, I've always been a little concerned as these flaps come easily undone, and in my mind, could potentially cause the leg to slide up in the event of a crash. Also, in terms of keeping water out...2 straps at the bottom to hold together 8 inches of material....really doesn't work.
Whew. I constructed these questions in hopes that other readers will gain 2 things: The first, a better understanding of the suit you are offering, and second, a better understanding of the current suit I own (Fieldsheer Highland) and the drawbacks I've noticed in my 1.5 years of daily commuting.
For Christ's sake, do some reading - 195 posts and a company website available, you should be able to answer ALL of these questions.
I'm up for the tall.... THANKS! Now, shipping time frame. They will ship out 31 May, or is that a guesstimate? And from what location? Just wondering if I order, I have a large trip planned to start 8 June, would a week shipping from xx location would be enough. Would love to be in that suit during my ride on the Dragon. And of course the next several years.
Also, does the mesh suit come with the heavy liner for those few chilly days in Florida?
Now, now, it was his first post. That was a lot of typing.
That Highland suit I've looked at too and it does look kinda square cut, making it puffy around the middle...perhaps needlessly so in some cases. Doesn't look like this one is as square. Plus there's the "padded seat" feature. Something to give my butt more fullness. Sweet.....
This looks like the best resonably price onesy out there. We shall see.
I'd like to see one of the 4XL is the neon yellow. Burned retina's indeed.
No pics? I broke my sunglasses out before checking the website...and all for nothing
Glad to see the responsiveness. I was also wondering how firm the release date was, and if there is any chance it would be bumped up as I also have a trip planned for around that time and with shipment times, might be cutting it close.
Also, just curious after reading the review a few pages back, just how much room is there to adjust the knee pads? Fixed position, several inches either way, etc.
I am excited now that HiViz is available. Any pics of a whole suit in HiViz yellow?
While i was pulling up the zipper in the video, i was also busy with a couple of other things.
Opinion from our testing of this heavy duty zipper and from the feedback that we have received is that the zipper performs really well.
Though opinions about this are subjective, i have sold the suit to women also ( who are obviously more conscious of the cut). We have tried to create a cut which is snug and comfortable at the same time. This is not intended to be a baggy suit thats acts like a parachute and makes you look like a blown up astronaut
From what i have seen with any product, you mileage with these sort of things varies and you cant really gaurantee that will it start leaking in one minutes or one hour.
This is why I refrain from commenting on the waterproofing of the suit. I would recommend reading our take on this over here:
and finally here:
the zipper go to the very end. they end where the legs of the suit end. so no worries there
Considering LA weather, here is one point that i know for sure our suit blows the highland, or any other suit away:
Our venting system keep you much cooler (for a non-mesh suit) that the highland or the Stich. No comparsion.
Again read our waterproof page to understand why this is so ( is has to do with our breathable liner ). I personally dont like to pound on other products too much so you can view our comparison page here:
Thanks for taking the time to ask all these questions. i really apperciate it.
xcgates --> thats not an excuse
bugnut --> yes they will start shipping on may 31st for sure (maybe sooner but no gurantees here folks). For most addresses (non PO Box) i use FedEx Ground or FedEX Home Delivery which has delivered all packages till now in approx 3-5 business days so i think you are good. I can only use USPS for PO Boxes which takes 5-7 days in my experience. We will be offering international delivery soon as well.
sarc --> knee pads are not adjustable
omnivore & sarc --> sorry no full pix of the hi viz stuff. i did post the swatches though. The yellow looks very similar to other hi viz yellow products out there. so order worry free folks .. you will like what you see.
No displays in Virginia yet.
Teizm, according to your size chart my measurements fall in into a couple different sizes. What size do you recommend for the following:
6 ft tall